Dearest gentle readers, here’s a definitive ranking of your Bridgerton season three faves

Sorry, but Colin is so icky this season

The wait is over, and at long last, the captivating allure of Regency-era London has graced our screens once again. With the premiere of part one of Bridgerton season three on 16th May, viewers were whisked away into a world teeming with opulence, scandal, and of course, romance.

So far – we’ve been treated to sumptuous balls, hot air balloon shenanigans and that raunchy carriage scene that has been living rent-free in all of our minds ever since. Yet amidst the backdrop of high society, the heart of this season lies in the tender blossoming of affection between none other than Penelope Featherington and Colin Bridgerton.

As the ton buzzes with fervent gossip and clandestine rendevous, we find ourselves irresistibly drawn to the intricate dance of love unfolding before us. And so, in the spirit of the season three, here’s a definitive Bridgerton season three character ranking from those who barely elicit a second glance from us to those who are utterly swoon-worthy:

10. Francesca Bridgerton

Bridgerton season three character ranking

via Netflix

While she’s part of the esteemed Bridgerton family, Francesca’s presence this season feels more like background music than a showstopper. Despite being hailed as the “Sparkler of the Season”, her storyline lacks the spark needed to ignite our interest. Francesca’s preference for silent dates is, as brutal as it sounds, boring to watch. Whilst she may have potential hidden depths, her portrayal in the first half of this season leaves her feeling more like a muted note on the pianoforte than a captivating melody.

9. Portia Featherington

via Netflix

Despite her reputation as a regency sex education icon and the powerful matriarch of the Featheringtons, her overbearing involvement in her daughters’ romantic and sexual lives is cause for concern, positioning her towards the bottom of this Bridgerton season three character ranking.

8. Cressida Cowper

via Netflix

Cressida Cowper’s impeccable fashion sense never fails to impress, solidifying her status as a style icon admired by many. However, beneath her fashionable facade lies a character who wields her influence and power with a chilling precision reminiscent of Regina George from Mean Girls. Whilst her confidence is admirable, crossing her is not a risk I’d be willing to take.

via Netflix

Violet Bridgerton is the heartbeat of love in Bridgerton. Her deep affection and boundless compassion make her the ultimate champion of romance, particularly when it comes to her cherished children. This season, as a new love sparks in her life, we witness her joyous blush, and it’s a delightful reminder of why she’s the heart and soul of the Bridgerton family.

6. Eloise Bridgerton

via Netflix

Eloise Bridgerton is undeniably a bit of a girl boss, wielding her sharp wit and academic prowess as powerful tools against the patriarchy, proving that she doesn’t need a man to define her worth. Crushworthy stuff.

5. Benedict Bridgerton

via Netflix

Benedict Bridgerton is the epitome of a sexy artist, captivating admirers with his creative talents and irresistible charm. He navigates the world of high society with ease, adding an air of mystery to his persona. Benedict embraces life as a bon vivant, revelling in every pleasure it has to offer. Currently, he’s embroiled in a scandalous fling with Lady Tilley Arnold, a wealthy widow, showcasing his penchant for living on the edge.

4. Lord Alfred Debling

via Netflix

This nobleman has a deep affinity for nature, often found immersed in the tranquillity of the outdoors and boasting an impressive knowledge of the avian species. His courtship of Penelope was marked by sincerity and his gentle charm. With a passion for ornithology matched only by his kindness, Lord Alfred is a rare gem amidst the glittering society of Regency-era London.

3. Anthony and Kate Bridgerton

via Netflix

Whilst a couple, these two had to be included in the rankings of Bridgerton crushes: They practically invented chemistry. Anthony’s deep devotion to Kate is evident in every glance and gesture, while Kate’s strength and independence captivate him. Their love story is a testament to passion and devotion, with Anthony worshipping Kate as his equal. It’s adorable (and steamy).

2. Colin Bridgerton

via Netflix

Colin’s dramatic glow-up for the start of season three is straight out of the Bridgerton playbook. As “Desperate Man Summer” descends upon us, Colin embodies it to perfection, his unabashed longing for Penelope exuding an irresistible charm. Fresh from his travels, he’s returned to the Ton with an electrifying aura and an accelerated sex drive that has viewers eagerly anticipating his romantic escapades.

1. Penelope Featherington

via Netflix

Penelope Featherington, the enigmatic Lady Whistledown, enchants with her endearing charm and quiet resilience, while simultaneously dominating the gossip columns of Regency-era London. Behind her demure exterior lies a sharp wit and intelligence that illuminates high society. Her unwavering loyalty and kindness make her irresistible, while her inner strength and courage in facing life’s challenges only add to her allure. As a character who navigates the complexities of love and friendship with grace and integrity, Penelope emerges as the epitome of crushworthiness, capturing the hearts of viewers with her genuine warmth and authenticity.

Part one of Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For more like this Bridgerton season three character ranking and all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Related articles also recommended by this author:

Wait, this hidden symbolism you missed in Bridgerton foreshadows Colin and Pen’s whole story

Here’s why Bridgerton season three looks different from rest of the show

Before Bridgerton Luke Newton was in boy band called ‘next One Direction’ 

Featured images via Netflix.