Brit Smith addressed JoJo Siwa

Brit Smith has finally posted a video fully addressing the JoJo Siwa song ‘theft’ situation

‘I just want to make it clear that JoJo has done nothing wrong to me’

The entire fiasco surrounding JoJo Siwa building up to the release of her ‘grown up’ single Karma getting fully upstaged by the leaked music video of Brit Smith doing the same track in 2012, which lead to Brit Smith eventually releasing her actual original version in a chart battle with the 2024 Siwa one has been an internet safe for the ages. It lead too accusations that JoJo Siwa stole the song off Brit Smith and all kinds of mayhem being thrown about – but now Brit has posted a video where she’s addressed everything that’s gone on with Karma and what’s next for her after the viral era she never expected.

‘Setting the record straight’

In a video posted to her TikTok page, Brit Smith says “I am here to set the record straight once and for all. JoJo did not steal my song. There’s been a lot of talk and a lot of comments and they just keep going, so I just thought let me come on here and hopefully put an end to this.

“She was totally in the right to record her version, and I hate to see that anybody would think that I’m a part of any kind of bullying or anything like that. I was bullied in high school and I know what that feels like, and I would never want to be thought to be part of any part of that. I just want to make it clear that JoJo has done nothing wrong to me.

“Also, just to say on the other side of that that I am so grateful to you guys for the support and love you’ve shown to me on my version. Somebody unearthed it from 12 years ago on Vimeo, my video, and it has been a crazy whirlwind since for the last week. The support you’ve shown me and you guys saying ‘we wanna make her dreams come true 12 year later’ has just been so unbelievably nice – and even kind of inspired me a little bit to think about stepping back into this possibly.

“You know, I have a two month old and a 22 month old, so it was definitely a surprising thing at this stage of my life but also kind of a moment where I just thought, well, if the universe is putting this in front of me maybe I should try again for a minute. And so you guys have been asking me to put out some of my old songs for that sort of nostalgic pop feeling. So I think I’m just gonna do it.

“I have them in my computer, so I think why not? Somebody said there’s a rumour going around that I’m releasing them on May 17th, which wasn’t the plan but since you guys said May 17th I thought let’s just do that. I’ll release them on May 17th, and we’ll see. Hopefully you guys like them. Yeah, that’s my plan. May 17th. Dropping an EP. Who would’ve thought?”

Urgh, I just love her. Brit Smith finally addressed the JoJo Siwa drama and did so lovingly, and now we get new music? We will be streaming

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news, memes and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.