TikTok star ‘Pookie’ is slammed by fans after wearing ‘insensitive’ dress on plantation

‘I didn’t fully understand the impact of my actions the way I do now’

If you’ve been on TikTok recently there’s no way you haven’t either seen or heard “Pookie is looking absolutely fire today.”  However, “Pookie” is being slammed by fans on TikTok after resurfaced photos were found online showing her in front of a Confederate flag and wearing Antebellum and Melania Trump costumes.

Antebellum parties and costumes are associated with pre-civil war America when slave ownership was legal at the time. The pictures show “Pookie” whose real name is Campbell Hunt Pucket, wearing this style of dress at a party that appears to be at a plantation house.

She was also pictured dressed up as Melania Trump whilst her husband was dressed as Donald, and their friends were pictured as Kylie and Tyga.

Via Instagram @campbellhuntpucket

After huge backlash from fans on TikTok Pokkie has now apologised for the photos and her behaviour at the time. She wrote on her Instagram story: “As some of you may have seen, some old photos of mine recently resurfaced.

“At the time these photos were taken, I was 20. I didn’t fully understand the impact of my actions the way I do now, 12 years later. I fully apologize for the harm this may have caused for some and take full responsibility.

“Because we live our lives so publicly, everything is on the internet, even my mistakes. We hope to continue to bring you with us on our journey as we continue to learn and grow.”