Sleepy girl mocktail TikTok

What is the sleepy girl mocktail on TikTok? The viral drink giving people ‘insane sleeps’

On a mission to find tart cherry juice rn

I hate to say it, but I go absolutely feral for TikTok food trends. Vodka pasta? Delish. Whipped coffee? She was the MOMENT in lockdown. If there’s anything that TikTok does well other than distracting you from all your responsibilities, it’s a viral food trend.

But the latest one you’re probably seeing all over your For You Page is the sleepy girl mocktail. I don’t know if there’s something in the air right now, but it seems like literally everyone and their dog can’t sleep at the minute. So maybe TikTok’s latest viral drink will actually cure us all and send us straight to sleep.

So what is the sleepy girl mocktail on TikTok and how do you make it?

The sleepy girl mocktail is a mixture of tart cherry juice, magnesium powder and lemon and lime-flavoured sparkling water. People on TikTok are mixing it together and claiming it’s giving them the best sleep of their lives.

@kaylieestewart

been having trouble falling asleep & this sleepy mocktail has truly made me have the best sleeps lately! #sleepygirlmocktail #sleepmocktail #howtohavethebestsleep #mocktailgirlie #gamechanger #sleepygirlmocktailrecipe #asmr

♬ original sound – Kaylie Stewart

How do you make TikTok’s sleepy girl mocktail?

To make the sleepy girl mocktail you need:

• Ice
  • 118ml (half a cup) pure tart cherry juice
  • One tablespoon of magnesium powder
  • Lemon and lime-flavoured sparkling water

First you fill your glass with ice and pour in the tart cherry juice. Then you add a tablespoon of magnesium powder and stir before topping the rest up with a lemon and lime flavour sparkling water or soda water.

Does it actually help you fall asleep faster and sleep better?

Well, the tart cherry juice in the drink contains melatonin, a natural sleep hormone. When you have more melatonin, studies show it combines with the melatonin in your body to help you fall asleep faster. Literally give me a gallon right now.

As for magnesium, it has been found to relax the central nervous system which will obviously help you feel sleepier.

@gracebooth97

Lets see if this sleep mocktail works and I actually sleep through the night…please give tips and tricks for sustained sleep in the comments below. Why is it always 3am 😭😭 #sleep #sleepmocktail #sleepcocktail #mocktailmonday

♬ original sound – Grackle

Samantha Cassetty, a registered dietitian said the drink works because “tart cherry juice has a high concentration of melatonin — the hormone that induces drowsiness at bedtime. And researchers are investigating other nutrients in tart cherry juice, such as tryptophan and polyphenol antioxidants, that might play a role in supporting sleep.”

“There’s good evidence that drinking tart cherry juice can improve sleep duration and quality.”

She added: “Magnesium (promotes) relaxation, and it’s also involved in regulating melatonin, which guides your sleep-wake cycle and kickstarts the feeling of sleepiness. Plus, magnesium regulates the stress hormone cortisol, and when you’re under stress you deplete magnesium. This means your magnesium needs go up, and it also means you may not sleep well. When you have adequate magnesium, you may feel calmer and have fewer physical symptoms of stress, making it easier to sleep.”