Ex Modern family star Sofia Vergara is up for finding love again after her divorce

‘You never know where you’re gonna find it’ Sofia Vergara is ready for love post divorce

Joe Manganiello who?

Sofia Vergara is leaning into the inherent mystery of being single and ready to mingle to find love after her divorce from her ex Joe Manganiello.

“I mean, you never know where you’re gonna find love,” Sofia told Entertainment Tonight while at the premiere of her new Netflix miniseries Griselda.

This is not the first time she has spoken about wanting to get back out on the dating scene following her split from Joe. Recently, she recently gushed to Jimmy Fallon about moving to New York as a chance for new dating opportunities. She revealed that she planned to channel her inner Carrie Bradshaw and storm the five boroughs for a new man after seven years of marriage. Let’s hope she doesn’t have to deal with the dreaded apps.

“I love it. Who doesn’t love New York City? The people, it’s the energy. I think that you have more options with men, also,” she told him. “I’m single now, so in New York there are more people. There’s not only actors or writers or directors, I think there’s a bigger [pool]. I’m going to spend more time in New York.”

Sofia recently spilt the tea that she ended things with Joe Manganiello when it became too apparent they had different ideas about kids. Sofia already has a 32-year-old son, Manolo, who she welcomed at age 19 during her marriage to Joe Gonzalez. Quite simply, she wasn’t interested or even capable of having any more kids.

Sofia told the Spanish newspaper El Pais: “My marriage broke up because my husband was younger. He wanted to have kids, and I didn’t want to be an old mom. I feel it’s not fair to the baby. I respect whoever does it, but that’s not for me anymore.”

Sofia – who is 51 years old while her ex Joe is 47 – outlined her next relationship needs to have his own kids already if he wants to be a family man, telling the paper: “So, if love comes along, he has to come with [his own] children. I’m almost in menopause; it’s the natural way of things. When my son becomes a dad, let him bring the baby to me for a while, and then I’ll give it back to him and go on with my life; that’s what I have to do.”

Sofia also expressed excitement about one day maybe being a grandmother and how “fulfilled” she felt in her career.

One of her upcoming projects is the Netflix series – which is out now – where she is bringing to life the title role, the real-life drug lord Griselda Blanco. During her reign, Griselda was dubbed ‘Cocaine Godmother’. While chatting to ET at the show’s debut, Sofia sang the praises of getting to film in her being in her quasi-hometown of Miami.

“It’s amazing. Miami was, you know, where most of this series took place, and Miami is also kind of like my hometown,” Sofia continued to the news outlet. “Most of my family lives in Miami, so it’s been very exciting to be here.”