Kim Kardashian has been slated for announcing her work with the fashion brand Baleniaga after their BDSM scandal

‘Anything for money’: Kim Kardashian slated for Balenciaga deal after *those* BDSM pics

Go back to Balmain, love x

Kim Kardashian is getting more heat for her decision to keep working with Balenciaga after their campaign featuring kids with teddy bears all decked out in BDSM kit.

Kim’s latest announcement – that she would be partnering up with the brand once more– was met with a round of raised eyebrows. Kim – who is a mother of four kids with her ex Kanye West – claimed to be “disgusted and shaken” when the fashion company  dropped a campaign for its teddy bear bag depicting kids holding it, harnesses and all.

Fully in crisis management mode, Balenciaga swiftly apologised and even threatened legal action against those who produced the ads. Of course, this came after a hurricane of mega backlash. Part of the furore saw a load of people swear off the brand and toss out all its accessories and clothing out from their wardrobes.

“We take this matter very seriously and are taking legal action against the parties responsible for creating the set and including unapproved items for our Spring 23 campaign photo shoot,” the fashion house said in a statement back in November 2022. “We strongly condemn abuse of children in any form. We stand for children’s safety and well-being.”

Kim was one of the people to put out her own long questions about the brand, explaining how “disturbed” she was by the images, and admitted to being in the process of “re-evaluating” her “relationship” with them. She added that she would use Balenciaga’s “willingness to accept accountability” as the holy metric.

One person asked if this has been done, tweeting: “What happened to re-evaluating your relationship with the brand, Kim?”

Apparently, one can assume they have done this because of Kim’s return. However, people remain unconvinced. Quite simply, they are not having it and not holding back. With some calling Kim’s latest booking “hypercritical” and “truly disgusting”. Others have seen it as nothing but an immoral cash grab.

“Anything for money and a higher net worth I guess,” one person wrote under the news.

“Lmao, Kim Kardashian’s back at Balenciaga after that big statement she put out after the ad controversy. These people…,” one person wrote.

Another deemed her to be “finished” after still being connected to the Spanish couture house, whether to him or to the wider industry, it is not known.

They said: “Having your name attached to paedophilia and child porn is a very wild thing to not give a fuck about ?! Kim Kardashian is FINISHED!”

Another person pointed out that Kim didn’t need the money as she is reported to have entered the billionaire boy’s club and had been principled enough to speak out, dubbing that detail “the crazy part” and adding, “But it says a lot about her character.”

Whether Kim truly feels like they have atoned for their sins or if it is a cynical bid for more money, it probably isn’t the last time she will face questions about this – or any – professional commitment she may make.