Phillip Schofield axed The Cube

Another major blow! Phillip Schofield has been ‘quietly axed’ from The Cube

In the immortal words of Ian Beale: He’s got nothing left

The Phillip Schofield misery and woe never ends – the disgraced ITV host who is still reeling from his scandalous departure from This Morning back in May has jut been dealt another savage blow: Phillip Schofield has been ‘quietly axed’ from The Cube. After the “unwise but not illegal” affair with the younger male runner on This Morning rocked the telly world, Phillip Schofield has left This Morning, The British Soap Awards, Dancing on Ice and now The Cube.

Not only has he been axed from the primetime Saturday night game chaos, he’s also been shunned out of the Manchester based The Cube attraction which featured Phillip in introduction videos. These have now all been removed, with a source telling the Daily Star “Phillip has been completely erased. Bosses at The Cube Live don’t want to be associated with him in light of recent events.”

Phillip Schofield has allegedly been blacklisted from TV channels following the scandal, so this quiet removement comes as no surprise. Phil’s pal Vanessa Feltz allegedly tried to get him a slot on her Talk TV show but was apparently met with a “hard no” from the bosses.

Non TV wise, Phillip Schofield is allegedly working on his tell-all memoir after getting a big book deal to go into more depth regarding his friendship with This Morning co-host Holly Willoughby and his departure from his 30 year long career in British telly. Phillip Schofield getting quietly axed from The Cube is just the latest in a slew of woe.

For all the latest celebrity and entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.

All the friends who have stuck by Phillip Schofield since his public downfall

• Everything Phillip Schofield has been up to since his life came down in ruins

• Lavish trips and family time: Inside Holly Willoughby’s summer break after Schofield scandal