Dennis Wise Amber Love Island

‘Sammy isn’t the one’: Here’s what Dennis Wise has said about Amber being on Love Island 2023

He revealed Amber was meant to be on the winter series

Another year, another footballer’s daughter in the Love Island villa. Amber Wise entered the villa as a Casa Amor bombshell, with a keen interest in Tyrique and Sammy. Amber is the daughter of Chelsea legend Dennis Wise, and is hoping to become as successful as Gemma Owen from the Love Island 2022 series.

In contrast to Michael Owen, Dennis seems to be pretty forthcoming about his daughter’s appearance in the Love Island villa and it’s reportedly his doing to push Amber to become a “commercial success” just like Gemma.

According to The Sun, Amber has Dennis’s “full support” about appearing on Love Island. Ahead of her entering the villa, a source said: “Amber will really stand out from the crowd on Love Island and jumped at the chance to take part.

“She is very low key and laid back but won’t be taking any nonsense. Amber is incredibly close to her dad and she has his full support in taking part.”

It was later revealed Dennis and his wife Claire had signed up Amber to the same talent agency as Gemma Owen, saying they were “fully supportive” of Amber joining Love Island.

“Amber may only be 19 but she’s got her head screwed on – so Dennis and her mum Claire were fully supportive of her joining the show,” a source said.

“But they know what fame can be like so have helped Amber sign up with Off Limits to look after her career. They know she’ll be in good hands as the agency’s done such a brilliant job with Gemma.”

Talking about Amber’s appearance in the villa, Dennis revealed she was originally asked to appear on the winter series earlier this year but turned it down due to her being at university.

“After Gemma Owen appeared in last year’s show, Amber was inundated with requests for various shows but when Love Island first got in touch it was about the winter one,” Dennis told The Sun.

“But she’d just started uni so that was a no, and then they asked again about the winter one. If I’m being honest it was a ‘No, please’ from me. She came to me with all the reasons she wanted to do it and eventually I said, ‘Okay, fine’.”

Talking about his daughter’s couple in the villa, Dennis said Sammy wouldn’t be welcome at his home any time soon. Amber was reduced to tears recently after finding out Sammy had kissed Gabby just minutes after kissing her.

“Let’s just say Sammy wouldn’t be welcome at home at his present time,” Dennis said, continuing: “If I’m being honest, he’s not the one. Amber felt used I think and it’s disappointing to see as a father.”

The former footballer reckons his daughter will be “a little bit more guarded” following her issues with Sammy.

“I am protective of her – I think all fathers are of their daughters, that’s just the way it is,” he said.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.