Taylor Swift Lavender Haze meaning

Taylor Swift has confirmed the meaning behind Lavender Haze lyrics and it’s boy related

I mean there’s only one man this could be about

Taylor Swift released her tenth album today, Midnights, and it all starts with Lavender Haze – she’s kept us fed with already telling us the meaning behind this song and of course it is boyfriend related.

In the song, Taylor Swift sings about a lover who handled her being under scrutiny so “beautifully.” The lyrics kind of go back to her song Delicate where she sings about Joe Alwyn ignoring the negative press around her. Before releasing the album Taylor Swift explained what Lavender Haze means, so here’s the meaning behind her new song and how it’s about a boyfriend.

What does Lavender Haze mean?

On her Instagram, Taylor Swift posted a reel about Lavender Haze in which she said: “I happened upon the phrase ‘lavender haze’ when I was watching Mad Men. I looked it up because I thought it sounded cool and it turns out that it’s a common phrase used in the 50s where they would just describe being in love.”

She continues: “If you were in the lavender haze, then that meant you were in that all-encompassing love glow and I thought that was really beautiful. I guess theoretically when you’re in the lavender haze, you’ll do anything to stay there and not let people bring you down off of that cloud. I think a lot of people have to deal with this now because we live in the era of social media and if the world finds out you’re in love with somebody, they’re going to weigh in on it.”

Taylor then speaks directly about Joe, she adds: “Like my relationship for six years, we’ve had to dodge weird rumours, tabloid stuff and we just ignore it. So this song is about the act of ignoring that stuff to protect the real stuff.”