maya jama

Guys! Maya Jama has been announced as the new host of Love Island

She’ll be taking over from Laura Whitmore next year

Maya Jama will officially be hosting Love Island in 2023, ITV has confirmed.

Laura Whitmore, who has been hosting the show since 2020, announced in August she’d be leaving to pursue other projects. Maya instantly became the new fan-favourite to present, as well as AJ Odudu and Alison Hammond.

In a major hard-launch, Maya will present TWO series of Love Island next year, beginning with Winter Love Island in early 2023.

maya jama love island

Photo via Instagram @mayajama

The official Love Island Instagram account collaborated with the presenter to announce her new gig, saying: “The rumours are true, say hey to your brand new #LoveIsland host @mayajama”.

Speaking to the ITV Press Office, Maya said: “I’ve always been such a massive Love Island fan and I’m so excited to be hosting one of the nation’s favourite shows! I can’t wait to get into the Villa to meet all of the Islanders.”

According to the Director of Reality Programming of ITV, Paul Mortimer, Maya will “bring a unique presenting style to the show… cool, charming and charismatic.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Love Island (@loveisland)

Despite only being announced in the last hour, tons of people have already reacted to the *amazing* news. Journalist Jason Okundaye said, “fair play. They listened to what the fans wanted.”

“I can’t bloody wait!!!” another fan said.

A third continued, “(ITV) actually listened?! Wow!”

Now all we need to do is sit back, relax and wait for that official Winter Love Island announcement!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.