Ryan Grantham Riverdale

Ex-Riverdale actor Ryan Grantham has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his mother

He also starred as Rodney James in Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Former Riverdale actor Ryan Grantham has been sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to murdering his mother and allegedly plotting to kill Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. It has been reported Ryan Grantham has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the first 14 years of his sentence.

Ryan Grantham, 24, starred as Jeffery Augustine in the Riverdale TV series as well as playing the role of Rodney James in Diary of a Wimpy Kid in 2010. Grantham pleaded guilty to charges of second-degree murder in March 2022 after he admitted to shooting his mother in the back of the head while she played the piano in March 2020.

Ryan Grantham in Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Prosecutors said the day following the murder, the former actor packed a car with three guns, camping supplies, 12 Molotov cocktails, ammunition and had typed in directions on Google maps to Justin Trudeau’s residence. Grantham had allegedly written in a diary about his intentions to kill the Canadian Prime Minister. The ex-Riverdale star also drove around 200 kilometres and contemplated committing “an act of mass violence” at his former university, but then drove to a police station in Vancouver and told a police officer: “I killed my mother.”

During the trial, Grantham’s defence said the former child star had been struggling with anxiety and clinical depression and had expressed a desire to take his own life or violence against others in the months leading up to his mother’s murder. In footage captured on a Go-Pro camera, the court was told about a video of Grantham carrying out a “walk-through” of the murder by secretly approaching his mother from behind with a gun.

Grantham had been a member of a gun club and had purchased the rifle used to kill his mother, months leading up to the murder, while aware of the homicidal feelings he was having.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.