cara

TikTokers are speculating about Cara Delevingne’s mental health, and it needs to stop

Why don’t we just leave celebrities alone?

There’s a good chance you’ll have seen Cara Delevingne somewhere on the internet this weekend (10th September). Either in the tabloids, being hounded as if she were a lesser-spotted animal just out of hibernation; on Twitter, with people commenting on her “erratic” behaviour. Or, (and this is probably the worst), on TikTok, with random creators over-analysing her every move.

Simply put, the videos people have been making about Cara are disgusting. There’s something so dirty and voyeuristic about people taking pleasure out of a vulnerable person – and, let’s be honest, we don’t even know she is vulnerable.

It’s possible you don’t have a clue what I’m on about, and last you saw her, Cara was hyping up Megan Thee Stallion at the Billboard Music Awards. So, let’s recap.

cara delevingne airport

Photo via NBC

On Thursday (8th September), a clip of Cara Delevingne behaving “strangely” at an airport surfaced on TikTok. The account who posted it said, “corky Cara at it again”. Creepy music accompanied the video as Cara could be seen stumbling around barefoot, dropping her phone and bending over.

Almost overnight, the TikTok garnered 16 million views, inspiring comments like: “This isn’t (meth), it’s something harder, for sure” and, “I swear I saw a guy doing the same walk at the gas station a couple of weeks ago.”

TikTokers have also been analysing the videos, picking apart Cara’s movements and speculating about her mental health. “I noticed this erratic behaviour from her months ago,” one creator conspired in a clip which has over 2 million views, despite being posted yesterday.

“Cara was seen on (the red carpet) at the BBMAs, looking pretty strange,” they continued. “She basically didn’t leave Megan Thee Stallion’s side the entire event, and this obviously made her really uncomfortable… but this strange behaviour from Cara dates back to even before this, at the Met Gala.”

The TikToker then showed a clip of the celeb looking uncomfortable while being papped at the event earlier this year. “She can’t hold a pose for a second without fidgeting,” they explained. “Which is pretty strange behaviour for someone who has modelled for almost all of their life.”

Among all of this unwarranted chaos, people are actually making TikToks saying they “miss the old Cara.” Frankly, we don’t know what the situation is, and it isn’t anyone’s place to judge, speculate or create nasty rumours.

Cara could be absolutely fine – and, if she is struggling with her mental health – let’s leave her in peace to get the help she might need. Harassing celebrities with conspiracy theories is fucked up, anytime, and that’s all there is to it.

For more of the best TikTok videos, trends and memes – follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.