Just 19 unhinged brand tributes to the Queen which go way too far
Thank you B&Q very cool!
Look, I want to keep this respectful, so I’ll just stick to the facts: Yesterday (8th September), Buckingham Palace announced the death of the Queen. Naturally, tributes began pouring in from across the country, including people you didn’t even know were royalists (if you see another of your school bullies sharing that Paddington drawing one more time…).
Obviously, the brands couldn’t stay silent. What followed was a positive avalanche of unhinged tweets, Facebook posts and Instagram photos, each commemorating the Queen in their own weird way. Honestly, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for The British Kebab Awards to post!!
So, here’s a full rundown of the worst brand posts so far:
1. When are we getting a red, white and blue Domino’s commemoration pizza?
What’s your favourite incongruous brand mourning of the Queen thus far? Domino’s p good pic.twitter.com/iAdxUTAQWA
— Moya Lothian-McLean (@mlothianmclean) September 8, 2022
2. Legend has it the Queen loved a £2 bodycon
Rest in peace to HRH Queen Elizabeth II. We pay our respects to Her Majesty and her incredible 70-year reign – an unforgettable female force.
1926 – 2022. pic.twitter.com/QiMq4bHdj5
— boohoo (@boohoo) September 8, 2022
3. Bing Bing
R.I.P. The Queen 🕯️
— Crazy Frog (@TrueCrazyFrog) September 8, 2022
4. Now leak her usual Friday night order
It is with great sadness that we acknowledge Her Majesty the Queen’s passing. For 70 years, she stewarded us through our darkest and brightest days. Thank you Your Majesty. RIP https://t.co/uxF192OlSR pic.twitter.com/iuHGVw55Jb
— British Kebab Awards (@KebabAwards) September 8, 2022
5. Thanks Jimmy
— LynseyCakes 🏴🏳️🌈 (@customcakes1) September 8, 2022
6. Thinking about a Playmobil King Charles
Rest in Peace 🖤 Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022 pic.twitter.com/jf2Aya2ZZC
— Playmobil UK (@PlaymobilUK) September 8, 2022
7. We know the royals love a Pizza Express!
— Dan (@DanGra96) September 8, 2022
8. Out of respect, you must not ride on the Duplo Dino Coaster
We are extremely saddened to hear of the passing of HM Queen Elizabeth II. Our thoughts are with all the Royal Family at this deeply sad time.
Out of respect the Resort will be closed tomorrow. If you’re due to visit you will receive an email about your booking. pic.twitter.com/5vJlqUgIXv
— LEGOLAND Windsor (@LEGOLANDWindsor) September 8, 2022
9. Sending Buckingham Palace a Funky Pigeon sympathy card
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Funky Pigeon team would like to extend its deepest sympathies to The Royal Family and all grieving her loss at this time. pic.twitter.com/aoLfPdITYE
— Funky Pigeon (@Thefunkypigeon) September 8, 2022
10. Why’s Ann Summers quoting a cartoon bear?
Thank you Ma’am, for everything – for women, for family, for our nation. Sleep well. pic.twitter.com/VQJYYo9huU
— annsummers (@AnnSummers) September 8, 2022
11. And it’s 10 – 1 on… never mind
Queen Elizabeth II
— Betfred (@Betfred) September 8, 2022
12. Off to comfort-eat a burger and milkshake in any of the last existing Wimpys
— WimpyUK (@WimpyUK) September 8, 2022
13. Thank you Cash Converters!
— Cash Converters UK (@cash_converters) September 8, 2022
14. I want to hear from Shrek himself
— Hannah Tindle (@hannahtindle) September 8, 2022
15. Union Jack phone cases coming soon!
Not an email pic.twitter.com/C98tX4uFFf
— Mollie Goodfellow (@hansmollman) September 8, 2022
16. Build a shed in honour
We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, and offer our condolences to The Royal Family. pic.twitter.com/J7pkb7Be8Q
— B&Q (@BandQ) September 8, 2022
17. Oh my god???
No no no no no no no pic.twitter.com/nay03kqRQX
— an ancient man (@goulcher) September 8, 2022
18. Not the sausage roll blue!
An inspiration for more than seven decades, we’re sorry to hear of the passing of Her Majesty The Queen. Thank you, Ma’am. pic.twitter.com/CdavahJXR6
— Greggs (@GreggsOfficial) September 8, 2022
Related stories recommended by this writer:
- All the Love Islanders and reality stars who have shared tributes to the Queen
- Explained: Are we actually getting a Bank Holiday now the Queen has died?
- So, will The Crown series five be delayed in light of the Queen’s death?
Featured image via BBC before edits.