Vote: Who do you think should replace Laura Whitmore to host Love Island?

I can’t stop thinking about the possibility it could be AJ Odudu or Ekin-Su

Yesterday, Laura Whitmore made the shock announcement she would no longer be hosting Love Island moving forward. After three series in the role, she said aspects of the job had become difficult but promised the show would be left in “safe hands”. But whose hands are those? ITV is yet to announce a new host of the show, so now is the time to vote for who you ~think~ should be our new face of Love Island.

From ex-Islanders who would definitely make the format a bit more lively, to solid TV presenters who would do the job with ease – here’s a rundown of some potential people who could host Love Island, and you can cast your vote at the end.

Maya Jama

A vote for who should replace Laura Whitmore has host of Love Island

via Instagram @mayajama

Whenever there is talk about Love Island and hosting, everyone seems desperate to get Maya Jama in the role. The presenter and radio host was rumoured for the job when Laura Whitmore took over, and people are again asking for her to take it now. She’s hosted loads of shows, including dating shows, before – so it’s not exactly a shocker people think Maya’s a good fit.

Danny and Dani Dyer

via Instagram @danidyerxx

Danny and Dani Dyer replaced Maya Jama to host a dating show a couple of years back, so who’s to say they won’t do the same here? Since Dani won the show, she and her dad have done a number of TV projects together, and Dani knows the show inside out. An interesting idea!!

Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu

At this point, there is no correct answer other than our queen, Ekin-Su. She won the show and our hearts, and we know she would make recouplings and Aftersun more dramatic than ever. Give me her sat on the Aftersun sofa grilling Islanders who have been dumped, it might actually make Aftersun worth watching again.

Maura Higgins

via Instagram @maurahiggins

Maura has become a Love Island legend, and now people are literally begging for her to be announced as its new host. She would bring one-liners galore, and any boys who acted up in the villa wouldn’t stand a chance opposite her in the Aftersun studio. However, Maura has pretty much dismissed her Love Island past recently, starting a new career in modelling and TV. Would she come back to the show?

AJ Odudu

via Instagram @ajodudu

GET OUR NORTHERN PRINCESS AJ IN THIS ROLE RIGHT. NOW. Since someone said AJ would be perfect as the new host of Love Island I haven’t been able to get this thought out of my head. I need it!

Ovie Soko

via Instagram @oviesoko

I didn’t even consider Ovie until I saw a tweet saying to get him back on the show. Yes??? I’m here for it??? This would be… incredible.

Gemma Collins

Yep, people are actually backing the GC to do the job. It would be interesting, let’s say that much.

Adam Collard

via Instagram @adamcollard

Bring him back again, why not?

Alison Hammond

via Instagram @alisonhammond55

We know our girl Alison can hold the floor. There have been days where she’s held This Morning on her back. Alison is the funniest TV host on this planet, and you can’t tell me otherwise. She would be a breath of fresh air on Love Island.

Iain Stirling

via ITV

Iain is the voice of Love Island, so maybe he’ll step up and do the hosting too? It would definitely make the hiring process beyond easy for ITV.

Emily Atack

via Instagram @emilyatack

Emily Atack is actually the bookies’ favourite to take over the role as it stands. When Laura announced she had quit, people on Twitter were starting “petitions” to get her in as the replacement. Emily has recently had her own show, The Emily Atack show, so she clearly is comfortable in front of a big audience.

Nella Rose

I can 100 per cent see Nella Rose in the role, too. The YouTuber and influencer would bring personality like the show has never seen before. If Laura said the show’s in “safe hands” we know it would be with Nella. She’s hosted with Spotify, BBC and had her own Netflix show. If you don’t recognise her, you definitely know the “Are you not ashamed of yourself? Are you not embarrassed? This is really embarrassing” TikTok sound – yep, that’s Nella!

Vote here for who you think should be the new host of Love Island:

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.