armie hammer

Here’s everything we know about the horrifying Armie Hammer doc so far

House of Hammer will be available to stream 2nd September

TW: Trailer contains voicenotes depicting sexual abuse, and article mentions abuse throughout. 

The trailer has dropped for House of Hammer, a chilling upcoming doc which looks at Armie Hammer’s alleged past behaviour. In 2021, unverified screenshots leaked on Instagram, supposedly showing Hammer messaging graphic sexual fantasies – including cannibalism – to women.

The Call Me By Your Name actor acknowledged these at the time, telling Variety: “I’m not responding to these bullshit claims”. He subsequently left the film he was working on with Jennifer Lopez, as well as several other TV shows and films he was due to star in.

Now, his accusers are speaking publicly. Alleged screenshots and voicenotes are set to be shown in the doc. It’s set to be huge – but here’s everything we know so far:

The doc doesn’t just focus on Armie Hammer

discovery

Photo via Discovery+

The three-episode series will highlight the behaviours of the entire Hammer dynasty. His dad, Michael, and his great-grandad, Armand, were incredibly wealthy businessmen. According to Jason Sarlanis, President of Discovery’s Crime and Investigative content, “(this) is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Hammer family… we witness truly disturbing details and sinister secrets that money and power couldn’t hide forever.”

It starts at the peak of Hammer’s fame

armie hammer documentary

Photo via Discovery+

2020 was a huge year for Hammer. He’d just starred with Lily James in a sexy version of Rebecca, as well as Broadway show The Minutes. He was, obviously, still known best as Oliver from Call Me By Your Name – a film which saw him nominated for 23 awards, including a Critics’ Choice and a Golden Globe.

Just a year later, his career came crashing down. Allegations of abuse began to pile up, and Hammer (along with his family) moved to the Cayman Islands, making their living selling timeshares and managing apartment complexes in quiet.

Hammer’s aunt was a consultant on the series

Casey Hammer is set to uncover quite a few revelations on the doc – but we’ve yet to find out what.

Watch the trailer for House of Hammer here:

House of Hammer will be available on Discovery+ from 2nd September.