armie hammer screenshots

Armie Hammer has finally addressed *those* alleged screenshots

He said the claims are ‘bullshit’

Armie Hammer has spoken out after his name began trending on social media this week following a number of unverified messages, allegedly sent by him, were shared online.

He has decided to quit the film he was meant to be starring in alongside Jennifer Lopez and called the claims about the messages “bullshit”.

In a statement to Variety, he said: “I’m not responding to these bullshit claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic.

“Lionsgate is supporting me in this and I’m grateful to them for that.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @armiehammer

Armie was meant to be starring in a film called “Shotgun Wedding” with Jennifer Lopez, but will now be recast.

The unverified messages appeared to be sent by Armie to a woman, described graphic sexual fantasies and referenced cannibalism. Some of the messages said he was “100% a cannibal” and that he wanted to “drink your blood.”

A spokesperson for Shotgun Wedding said they supported Armie’s decision to leave the film.

They said: “Armie has requested to step away from the film and we support him in his decision.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @armiehammer

Jennifer Lopez, who is a producer on the upcoming movie, was reportedly “horrified” by the stories of the unverified messages, according to The Sun.

The film is said to be about a couple who take their families away for a destination wedding, but then all hell breaks loose when the entire wedding party is taken hostage.

Featured image credit: