wedding season cast

Here’s where you recognise the cast of Netflix’s Wedding Season from

Another Netflix romcom? Sign me up!!

If Netflix excels at anything it’s cheesy cringe romcoms. The characters are pretty one dimensional, the scenery is stunning, and you know exactly how the film is going to end and yet you still watch it anyway. In the last few years there’s been A Perfect Pairing, Falling Inn Love, and now we have the newest one – Wedding Season.

Wedding Season, dropped on Netflix on 4th August and tells the story of hardworking micro finance worker Asha who has absolutely zero intention of falling in love, despite her parents’ wishes. However, in order to get her parents off her back and get through the many weddings she has coming up, she convinces fellow single wedding sufferer Ravi to pretend to be her boyfriend for the season. She also has her own sister’s wedding to get through.

Wedding Season is set in New Jersey and features a fun and talented cast and this is exactly where you recognise them from:

Asha – Pallavi Sharda

wedding season cast

via Netflix

Asha is the headstrong main character of Wedding Season who has no desire to get married and instead tries to trick everyone by pretending to be in a relationship with Ravi. She’s played by Pallavi Sharda, who has been acting since 2010.

Pallavi is most well known for her role of Prama in the 2016 movie Lion alongside Dev Patel. She’s also starred in Netflix’s series The One and ITV’s Beecham House. Pallavi has also had roles in the Tom & Jerry movie and the TV series Retrograde.

Ravi – Suraj Sharma

wedding season cast

via Netflix

Ravi is roped into Asha’s scheme to fake date their way through wedding season after one pretty awkward set up date, and he’s played by Suraj Sharma.

Suraj is most well known for his breakout role as Pi in the 2012 film Life of Pi, for which he earned a BAFTA Rising Star Award nomination. Since then he’s had roles in Homeland, God Friended Me and most recently in the Hulu series How I Met Your Father where he played the role of Sid.

Priya – Arianna Afsar

via Netflix

Priya is Asha’s younger sister who is planning her wedding to Nick and tries to talk some sense into her sister from time to time, and she’s played by Arianna Afsar.

Arianna is most well known for competing on American Idol in 2009 and was one of the final 36 contestants. Since then she’s appeared on stage in Hamilton. She’s also appeared in an episode of the series Unusual Suspects and My Haunted House.

Nick – Sean Kleier

via Netflix

Nick is Priya’s fiancé and trying desperately to fit into their family and he’s played by Sean Kleier. Sean has been acting for nearly 10 years with his first role in 2013 in the series Futurestates.

Sean is most well known for his appearances in the film Ant-Man and The Wasp and the TV series Happyish. He’s also appeared in episodes of Blue Bloods, Odd Mom Out and Mr.Right.

Suneeta – Veena Sood

via Netflix

Suneeta is Asha’s mother, who is determined to get her daughter married and she’s played by Veena Sood, who has been acting consistently since the 1980s.

Veena is perhaps best well known for her roles in The X-Files, Battlestar Galactica, 16 Hudson, Ghost Wars and most recently she appeared in an episode of Netflix’s Virgin River.

Vijay – Rizwan Manji

via Netflix

Vijay is Asha’s father who definitely provides the comedic element of Wedding Season and he’s played by Rizwan Manji.

Rizwan has over 100 acting credits to his name and has been acting since the 1990s. He’s perhaps best well known for his roles in Schitt’s Creek, Outsourced, Perfect Harmony, Atypical and Peacemaker.

Veena – Sonia Dhillon Tully

via Netflix

Veena is Ravi’s mother, who just like Asha’s parents wants to see her child happy and married, she’s played by Sonia Dhillon Tully.

Sonia is perhaps most well known for her roles in Degrassi: The Next Generation, Netflix’s Locke and Key and Designated Survivor where she played the British Prime Minister.

Dinesh – Manoj Sood

via Netflix

Compeltely the Wedding Season cast is Manoj Sood, who is the real life brother of fellow cast member Veena Sood. Manoj plays Ravi’s father Dinesh.

Manoj has been acting since the late 1990s and has over 60 acting credits to his name. Most recently he’s appeared in Netflix’s Snowpiercer series as well as the TV series Salvation and Insomnia.

Over the years he’s starred in episodes of Supernatural, Welcome to Surrey and Ice.

Wedding Season is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.