Pictured is Amber Gill who has hinted at being part of the LGBTQ+ community

Love Island’s Amber Gill said ‘switching teams’ was the best decision she ever made

She said that men make her feel ill, same bestie x

Love Island winner Amber Gill has hinted she may be part of the LGBTQ+ community after saying that “switching teams” was the best decision she has made in her life. In a series of tweets, Amber commented on what the boys were getting up to during Casa Amor and she said it made her “feel ill” watching them, and that she couldn’t put herself “through it again” with a man.

Amber said: “Watching men makes me feel ill. I couldn’t put myself through it again.” Amber won season five of the dating show with Greg O’Shea in 2019. Shortly after winning the show, she and Greg announced they had split up. Since Love Island, Amber has been linked romantically to different people but has never confirmed she has been dating someone new.

In another tweet, Amber said: “Switching teams was the best decision I made in my life”, and in response to the boys talking about kissing the girls, Amber said: “This is why I switched”.

A fan replied to one of Amber’s tweets and said: “Me and my gf were saying yesterday that we predict you’ll end up settling down with a woman.” Amber replied: “That’s cute. Tell me why”, the fan replied and said: “Because you seem to be very disenchanted by men these days and we feel like a woman (the right woman) is more likely to appreciate you for all your complexities and inner fire. And treat you with the level of care/sensitivity that you deserve.”

This isn’t the first time Love Island winner Amber Gill has hinted at being part of the LGBTQ+ community. Last year one of her followers tweeted and asked: “Bestie, I’m afraid to ask you this,” followed with fruit emojis. Amber replied and said: “sometimes”. At the National Television Awards, Amber told the Daily Star: “The fruit emojis mean the fruit emojis, what can I say? Some days I might be, some days I might not”.

Love Island 2022 continues tonight on ITV2 at 9pm. For all the latest Love Island news, memes, quizzes and gossip – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook. 

Featured image credit via @amberrosegill on Instagram.