Sharon Gaffka says Hugo Hammond joked about her being spiked and called her ‘basic b*tch’

Hugo Hammond has denied these claims

Earlier this week, former Love Island contestant Sharon Gaffka appeared on the Saving Grace podcast and spoke about the reasons why she and Hugo are no longer friends.

In the podcast, Sharon says she cut Hugo off really “abruptly” after she and her mates went to a London club instead of a sports bar for a Love Islander’s birthday.

Sharon alleges Hugo called her a “basic bitch”, so she FaceTimed him and she claims he made “jokes” about her getting spiked. She then says on the podcast that Hugo probably doesn’t remember making the jokes as he was apparently drunk at the time.

Sharon also claims “there was other stuff going on like inappropriate touching which he also probably doesn’t remember.”

Hugo has since responded to Sharon’s claims via a statement written in his notes app. He says he’s “pretty upset” Sharon has taken her grievances to social media. His statement says: “Hi guys, I hope everyone’s well. I just wanted to have my say on the comments made by Sharon. Firstly, spiking is not a topic I use within my jokes nor do I find funny, it’s horrific to be honest. I wouldn’t joke about someone being spiked, it’s just not who I am, friend or not.

“The wild comment made around inappropriate touching is outrageous and simply false, to say something like this is seriously damaging and paints an unfair picture of me. You cannot just throw that sort of language around. I am very confused as to why she’s making these comments now? As she mentioned, I’ve tried to contact since, so there’s been time to bring it up to be resolved. And I’m just pretty upset to be honest that she has taken to social media knowing full well what that can do.”

The Tab has approached Hugo Hammond  for a comment.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.