I rejected Love Island just four days before I was meant to fly to Mallorca

Sophie Draper was apparently going to be part of the cast this year

This year there were plenty of names and faces rumoured to be entering the villa before the show started. And a few of them turned out to be correct – Gemma Owen, Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu and Jacques O’Neill were all among rumoured cast lists before the show started, and then ended up being confirmed. Now, one person who was also rumoured to be in the Love Island 2022 cast list, called Sophie Draper, is claiming she savagely rejected the show.

In a video posted to TikTok, Sophie does the current trend where people cough over a caption that says “you must be sick if…” suggesting they did whatever the end of the caption says. Her’s reads: “You must be sick if you would turn down Love Island four days before you’re meant to fly”.

People in the comments are reacting with how funny it is, and another asked: “This happened?” to which Sophie replied: “Yeah”. Someone else accused her of lying, and Sophie said: “Why would I make it up?”

@sophiedraper2

🫣

♬ son original – Abonne toi si tu veut rire

She could well be telling the truth. 22-year-old Sophie was the first rumoured Islander this year. She’s a beautician from Nottingham, and used to date Premiership footballer Matty Cash. The pair dated for four years but split last year. According to The Sun, she had been “lined-up” for the villa this summer, with Love Island bosses saying she was the “perfect fit” after meeting with her about being part of the cast.

Sophie owns her own beauty company and salon in Nottingham, and already has over 21k Instagram followers. She’s reportedly mates with Lucinda Strafford from Love Island 2021 as well as some of the TOWIE cast.

Rumoured Love Island 2022 contestant Sophie Draper

via Instagram @sophie__draper

At the time, a TV source told the Sun: “Sophie is a gorgeous girl who is really driven and determined to succeed. She has her own beauty salon and already leads a jet set lifestyle, which she likes showing off on Instagram, so she wouldn’t be fazed by being on TV. Love Island bosses think she could be a good fit for the show, it’s early days still but she definitely has potential. Matty will be pretty shocked to see her looking for love on TV, but he publicly moved on pretty quickly.”

The Tab has approached ITV for comment, who previously never confirmed if Sophie Draper was part of the Love Island 2022 cast.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.