Gavin & Stacey filming

Oh my Christ! The Gavin & Stacey cast have been spotted filming in Barry Island

This news is making me need a pint… Of wine

Okay guys, not to panic everyone and send the entire country into national emergency, but Larry Lamb and Alison Steadman (Pam and Mick Shipman) have been spotted filming together in Barry Island. You don’t need me to tell you this, but that’s where Gavin & Stacey is both FILMED and SET. If the filming rumours are true, new episodes, or even a full series of Gavin & Stacey, could be round the corner. In the words of our lord and saviour Pam, OH MY CHRIST.

The pictures have surfaced on the seafront of Barry Island, the Welsh town where Gwen, Bryn, Nessa, Stacy, Gavin and their offspring all live. Rumours circulated once the pictures emerged that the pictures are from the filming of new episodes of the iconic sitcom. However, naysayers are stating that the filming is actually for an advert for Barrybados – a souvenir shop in Barry Island that sells Gavin & Stacey merchandise. If there’s not a Nessa doll with different iconic outfits, I will riot. Personally.

Still, it is likely that we will be due some new Gavin & Stacey soon.. ish. James Corden is coming back to the UK after he finishes The Late Late Show, unfortunately. But one pro of his dreaded return is the likelihood of more Gav & Stace on his return, especially after the Christmas special in 2019 was left on such a cliffhanger.

@xmodern.x.familyx Also the person who took these photos said that there was cameras and that they were filming🙀#gavinandstacey #barryisland ♬ Run (Theme from ”gavin & Stacy”) – Official Bar Version – Playin’ Buzzed

Social media has been going mad for the rumours. One said “A sequel without James Corden?”, one said “Shut the hell up right now” and another more reserved soul said “I’m not getting my hopes up because Alison and Larry work together loads and are really good friends – could be anything.”