James and Erin Derry Girls

Every single time James and Erin hinted at ending up together in Derry Girls

Wait, is the wee English fella a bit sexy???

If you don’t believe in manifestation then you will now because after three years of praying to the Derry Girls gods, James and Erin finally kissed. Yes, Jerin is very much real but this won’t come as a huge surprise to the super Derry Girls fans. It might have felt like there was no real big build up to their kiss but what if I told you the entirety of Derry Girls seasons one to three has been the build up. Here’s a rundown of every single time Lisa McGee hinted at the existence of Jerin and we witnessed chemistry between James and Erin.

Erin gets distressed when James and the Ukrainian intend to ‘do sex’

via Channel 4

This was a pivotal moment in the Jerin love story timeline. Fans called James and Erin getting together as soon as we saw Erin seething with jealousy back in season one. Remember when James was trying so hard to get off with the Ukrainian refugee, Katya, and “do sex”?

James took Erin to prom in season two

James and Erin Derry Girls

via Channel 4

Okay so last season, James rocked up to take Erin to prom last minute after her date didn’t show. He even missed his Doctor Who convention for it and that alone should be enough evidence he liked her a lot.

The way Erin looks at him when he decides to go back to England

via Channel 4

This is probably the most emotional scene ever. James deciding to go back to England with his mum was emotional torture and the devastated look on Erin’s face says it all.

There has always been chemistry

James and Erin Derry Girls

via Channel 4

Essentially, all of this has been leading up to the world’s most important televised scene ever: the Jerin kiss. It’s safe to say fans were left screaming when we watched James and Erin kiss, it’s something we have been yearning for since we first met the wee English fella and Erin back in season one.