lea michele

Um, so turns out Lea Michele revealed herself to this Glee co-star for ‘educational reasons’

How to be an ally 101 I guess?

At this point, everything I’ve learnt thus far about Lea Michele has been against my will. Move over Jared Leto, our Lea’s been method acting as Rachel Berry since day one.

I can almost forgive the weird conspiracies about the actress being illiterate – it’s not her fault, Twitter’s just wild sometimes. But this latest news came from the Fanny Brice reject herself. It was her. All her.

In order to be a great (?) LGBTQ+ ally to former Glee co-star (and on-screen boyfriend) Jonathan Groff, Lea admitted she gave him a *very vivid* anatomy lesson. Strangely, I don’t remember this portion of the biology A-Level exam.

Three years before her big break as Rachel Berry – when Glee was merely a glint in Ryan Murphy’s eye – Lea starred in Broadway musical Spring Awakening alongside Jonathan. Fast forward 12 years, and both stars are speaking on an HBO documentary about the show.

“Jonathan and I became so close. We were so intertwined,” Lea said. She played Wendla Bergmann; a 19-year-old learning more about her body and sexuality. Herself and Jonathan – who hadn’t yet come out as gay – were supposed to perform a sex scene at the end of the first act.

“Lea and I were given this material where we had to fall in love,” Jonathan said. “But the first thing I felt was, ‘They’re going to know I’m gay. Fuck. I never had sex with a girl, I’m in the closet. I’m just going to pretend that I know what I’m doing.’ I wanted the choreography to tell me what to do and give me the moves and allow me to express myself, and thank God for [director] Michael Mayer.”

rachel berry

Photo via Fox

At the time, Jonathan hadn’t seen a vagina before. “At one point, I literally showed him my whole vagina,” Lea said. “(Jonathan) was like, ‘I’ve never seen a woman’s vagina before. Would you show me?’ And I was like, ‘Sure.’ And I took a desk lamp … and showed him. That’s how close we are…. But I’ve never seen Jonathan naked. I’ve never seen his penis.”

I mean, this story is kind of wholesome. But the Twitter reactions are something to behold.

People are making fun of Lea’s ‘allyship’

Listen, don’t shoot the messenger. I’ll let you come to your own conclusions on this one.