This is why Blac Chyna is suing the Kardashians for $100million

Their trial is expected to last 10 days

Blac Chyna is suing the Kardashians for $100million (£77m) for allegedly trying to smear her reputation and ruin her television career.

Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna are currently in court for the lawsuit which was filed in 2017.

The last few days of coverage of the trial has seen Blac Chyna’s mother speak out about the Kardashian family on Instagram, a court drawing of the Kardashians going viral and a potential juror say he cannot be neutral in proceedings because he has seen Kim’s sex tape and would be “replaying it in his head” during the trial.

via Bill Robles/AP/Shutterstock

But what actually is the lawsuit about? And what are the accusations Chyna is making against the Kardashian family? This is everything you need to know:

What’s Blac Chyna’s history with the Kardashians?

via E!

Blac Chyna has known the Kardashian family for a long time. She was friends with Kim and was occasionally seen on episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

In 2011 Chyna first met Tyga and they began dating. A year later they had their son together called King and soon became engaged, before ending their relationship in 2014.

During this time there were rumours their breakup was because Tyga was dating Kylie Jenner, a claim he denied and said they were just friends. However a few months later the two confirmed they were in a relationship.

via E!

In January 2016 Chyna begins dating Rob Kardashian and they quickly become engaged and pregnant. Their daughter Dream Kardashian was born in November 2016.

None of the Kardashians publicly acknowledged Rob and Chyna’s engagement until Kylie posted that famous Snapchat of her with Chyna captioned: “When we’ve been best friends the whole time…”.

The couple had their own reality series on E! called Rob & Chyna but it was cancelled after one season. They broke up in December 2016 before getting back together only to break up again in February 2017.

What exactly is Blac Chyna suing the Kardashians for?

After her relationship with Rob ended and their show together was cancelled Chyna filed a lawsuit against the family claiming they defamed her and conspired with TV exectvies at E! to have her show taken off the air. She is suing them $100million for loss of earnings.

In the pre-trial statement Chyna’s lawyer said: “Chyna went from being the star on E!’s number-one hit show at $92,500 (£71,000) per episode to being off the airwaves entirely. The defendants’ illegal conduct not only cost Chyna millions and millions of dollars; their conduct was emotionally devastating to her.”

As part of her claim Chyna argues this cancellation hindered her ability to make additional money through social media which would have come naturally as part of being on the show.

via Instagram @kimkardashian

Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian and Kylie Jenner have all been accused of defamation and will be expected to testify during the trial.

There are additional allegations against Rob Kardashian, however the judge decided to sever that part of the case into a different trial.

The Kardashians tried to settle the case out of court however Chyna refused this offer.

What happened with their TV show?

After one season of Rob & Chyna both the Kardashians and Chyna agree that on 4 December 2016, Rob and Chyna celebrated their show getting renewed for a second season.

However they soon had an argument which affected the future of the show and what happens next is where the two parties’ accounts differ.

Blac Chyna’s lawyer Lynne Ciani claimed Kris Jenner messaged the head of the show saying Chyna beat Rob with a pole and wrapped a phone charging cord around his neck so tight it left marks. Ciani claimed unseen footage from the show would prove Rob had not been significantly injured.

via E!

Ciani went onto claim Kris Jenner used her three daughters to share this story with people who controlled the future of the show.

However the lawyer for the Kardashians, Michael Rhodes, claimed there was evidence of abuse and that without Rob and Chyna being in a relationship there was no future for the TV show.

The trial is expected to last 10 days and as well as the Kardashians, Ryan Seacrest who was executive producer of the show as well as a number of key figures at E! are all expected to testify.