mike soutar

Meet Mike Soutar: Tim Campbell’s replacement on this week’s The Apprentice

This isn’t his first time on the show

Lord Sugar will be having a new aide by his side on this week’s episode of The Apprentice after Tim Campbell was taken ill during filming and will be replaced by Mike Soutar.

A source told the Radio Times Tim came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID and even though he was negative it was decided he would not film episode 10 as a precaution. Therefore this week judging the Apprentice contestants will be Lord Sugar, Karren Brady and Mike Soutar. Mike shared the news on Twitter and said to expect “sceptical facial expressions”.

Regular Apprentice viewers will recognise Mike who has been taking part in the interview episodes of the show since 2011. Apart from being savage in his takedowns of the contestants during their interviews, we don’t get much more information about him.

via BBC

And so this is everything you need to know about Mike Soutar:

Mike Soutar co-founded Shortlist Media

Mike is most well known in the business world for co-founding Shortlist Media which includes the magazine Stylist.

During his time there he managed to ensure £25million in revenue every year. However he’s been part of media long before that and began his career in the late 1980s.

Most recently he worked as the CEO of the Evening Standard before stepping down during the pandemic.

Now he works in TV

Mike’s latest role is as Non Executive Chairman of Perfect Storm Productions.

The production company focuses on documentary programmes which have featured celebrities such as Stacey Dooley.

He’s been married for over 25 years

Mike has been married to his wife Bev for over 25 years and they have one son together called Alfie.

Mike has been on The Apprentice before

Mike began doing the interviews on The Apprentice in 2011 and is regularly known for catching out the contestants in lies about their businesses.

Mostly famously in 2018 when he caught Daniel Elahi out for saying he had already sold 1 million units of his products before coming on the show.

Watch the iconic clip below:

Featured image credit via BBC