Tim Campbell The Apprentice

Meet Tim Campbell: Lord Sugar’s new aide replacing Claude on The Apprentice

He’s making a return to the show after winning the first ever series

The Apprentice is finally back! After a two year break thanks to the impact of Covid, out TVs just haven’t been the same without our yearly dose of deludedly ambitious hopefuls clambering after an investment from Lord Alan Sugar. Tonight, on BBC One, the new season finally begins – but there’s one familiar face missing who won’t be returning with Karren Brady to aide Lord Sugar on his search. Claude Littner will not be returning to the show this season after injuring himself in a cycling accident and has been temporarily replaced by Tim Campbell MBE. Here’s all you need to know about Tim Campbell, Lord Sugar’s new aide for season 16 of The Apprentice.

Tim Campbell was the first ever winner of The Apprentice

Tim Campbell is no stranger to the boardroom, because way back in 2005 he was titled the winner of the first ever season of The Apprentice – and subsequently got a six figure salary working for Lord Sugar’s company Amstrad. He beat future Loose Women panelist Saira Khan to the win.

Tim in the boardroom in 2005

After he left Amstrad, he went on to be Boris Johnson’s training ambassador when the Prime Minister was Mayor of London. In 2012, as part of the New Years Honours List, he was made an MBE for services to enterprise.

He’s 44 years old

Tim Campbell is 44, and has two children with his wife Jasmine. He regularly posts on Instagram about his business endeavours as well as lifestyle updates, and you can follow him @timcampbell_mbe.

He’s a Middlesex University graduate

Before he competed on The Apprentice, Tim Campbell studied and graduated in psychology at Middlesex University. He then went on to work as a senior planner in the strategy and service development department for London Underground.

Via BBC

Tim says he’s ‘honoured’ to stand in for Claude

Speaking to the BBC, Tim said: “It’s a great honour to have come full circle. Having been on the other side of the table I definitely understand what [the candidates] are all going through. And it’s a great honour to be working alongside Baroness Brady in assessing these candidates and seeing how they all get on. It was very easy not to give hints and tips, because I didn’t get any when it was my turn!”

Featured image courtesy of BBC / @timcampbell_mbe

The Apprentice starts at 9pm tonight (Thursday 6th January) on BBC One and iPlayer.

Recommended stories by this writer:

Meet the 16 new The Apprentice candidates for 2022 hoping to avoid a firing

• Lord Sugar is actually having a Twitter spat with one of his current candidates

• How much The Apprentice 2019 candidates are worth, according to their CVs