The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Meet the 16 new The Apprentice candidates for 2022 hoping to avoid a firing

The lineup includes a former pro rugby player and a Nicki Minaj superfan

I cannot quite tell you how excited I am for The Apprentice to return on Thursday for its 16th season after what feels like decades. It’s been off air since 2019 as the world weathered the pandemic, but it’s finally back with a brand new bunch of hopefuls looking to impress Lord Sugar and get that coveted business partnership. Here’s everything you need to know about the 16 new The Apprentice 2022 candidates.

Aaron Willis

The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Via BBC

Aaron is a flight operations instructor from Chorley. He’s held that role in the RAF for the last 12 years, and is now looking to start his own security business with Lord Sugar’s investment. He says he’s hungry for success and “can’t let anyone stand in his way.”

Akeem Bundu-Kamara

The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Via BBC

Self described people person Akeem is from London. He says his speciality is numbers, which is surely extremely useful in his role as a strategy manager for a financial firm. “My growing up has made me who I am. I’m able to converse with everyone, but also able to show that financial, business side to myself,” Akeem states.

Akshay Thakrar

The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Via BBC

“My friends call me AK47 because I’m a killer salesperson” boasts digital marketing agency owner Akshay. He also says his first word was “profit”, and is a London based hopeful amongst The Apprentice 2022 candidates. He can speak a whopping SEVEN languages.

Alex Short

The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Via BBC

Alex is the owner of a commercial cleaning company, and has big goals for the business that he is hoping to get Lord Sugar’s help with. He’s Hertford based, and considers himself a success after leaving school after the first year of sixth form. “I would compare myself to a Ferrari – shiny on the outside but under the bonnet there is a lot of fire, and I’m coming for you.”

Amy Anzel

Via BBC

“I can be nice when I need to be, but when I unfortunately have to be a bitch, I will,” says Amy, a beauty brand owner from London. She found her way to beauty later in life, after working previously in sales and showbiz. She’s a self described tough boss, and one of the oldest and most experienced of The Apprentice 2022 candidates.

Brittany Carter

Via BBC

Brittany is from Bristol, where she currently works as a front-of-house hotel manager. She describes herself as kind, enthusiastic and a positive thinking people person. She’s looking for Lord Sugar’s investment to launch the first ever alcoholic protein drink. The drink we all have been waiting for, I’m sure.

Conor Gilsenan

Via BBC

Conor is a former professional rugby player turned sales executive, based in London. He slightly unnervingly describes himself as “a corporate panther”, whatever that means. His business idea is based around quirky food and drink stalls hireable for events.

Francesca Kennedy Wallbank

The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Via BBC

One of The Apprentice 2022 candidates is Francesca Kennedy Wallbank, the Surrey based owner of a sustainability company. She’s an eco-conscious maths grad whose business plan is to provide a carbon footprint service for businesses.

Harry Mahmood

Via BBC

West Midlands based Harry is a regional operations manager. He is the self-described “Asian Lord Sugar” and wants investment in his bath bomb business, saying he hopes that him and Lord Sugar can become “The bad boys of the bath bomb world.” Well, good luck!

Harpreet Kaur

Via BBC

Harpreet is the owner of her own dessert parlour and  lives in West Ridings, Yorkshire. She describes herself as a born leader, and has already impressively grown her coffee and cake company to six figures. She hopes Lord Sugar’s investment can help her make her business into a leading UK brand.

Kathryn Louise Burn

The Apprentice 2022 candidates

Via BBC

Kathryn is the owner of an online pyjama company, based in Swindon. She describes herself as ambitious and savage, and has big dreams of one day making sure everyone is wearing her pyjamas – “My dreams in my head are absolutely huge, and I believe I can achieve them.”

Navid Sole

Via BBC

London based Navid is a pharmacist, and he wants to use an investment from Lord Sugar to create a successful pharmacy business. He describes himself as quirky and unique and hopes that sets him apart from the other The Apprentice 2022 candidates. But most importantly, he’s a Nicki Minaj superfan. Barb hive rise!

Nick Showering

Via BBC

Don’t let Nick’s alarming and formidable facial expression fool you; the finance manager says he’s here to kill the competition with kindness. The London based hopeful is looking to get an investment that will help his flavoured water business idea become a leader in the drinks industry.

Sophie Wilding

Via BBC

Sophie lives in Cheltenham and is the owner of a boutique cocktail bar. She describes herself as “magical and enchanting” and says she has witch school qualifications. Which will be extremely intriguing I’m sure.

Shama Amin

Via BBC

Shama lives in Bradford, where she’s the owner of a children’s day nursery alongside being a mother of five. Shama says she’s wanted this since childhood, and has ambitions on becoming the most successful business woman in the early years sector. “Being a lady of colour, wearing a headscarf as well, and the challenges that we face on a daily basis, I just want to be a living example for the Asian women and South Asian women out there.”

Stephanie Affleck

Via BBC

Stephanie is based in Kent, where she runs and owns an online children’s store. She’s looking for an investment to help fund her designer children’s clothing store. Stephanie says: “I’m an East London girl, and I’ve got that no-nonsense sort of work ethic. I’ve got grit, determination and I’m determined to be successful.”

The Apprentice starts on BBC One at 9pm on Thursday 6th January. Watch the full Meet The Candidates video here.