Inside the Instagram account which belongs to the notorious Tinder Swindler

Yes, it’s still active

Netflix’s latest true crime documentary is The Tinder Swindler, which tells the incredible story of the women who were fleeced by serial conman Simon Leviev, real name Shimon Hayut. The film focuses on their stories, whilst also showing the kind of life he was living, using the money he got from them. The Netflix film shows a lot of screenshots from an Instagram account – which is actually still live today and looks to still belong to The Tinder Swindler himself.

Whilst he was speaking to the women he conned, The Tinder Swindler posted pictures of his lavish lifestyle on Instagram. It was filled with pictures from travelling all over the world, him in private jets, and in every picture he was head-to-toe in designer gear. Those pictures are still there – so here’s a look at what it’s like today.

via Instagram

The Tinder Swindler Instagram account looks like it still belongs to Simon Leviev

There is an an Instagram account under the handle @simon_leviev_official with a picture of him as the profile icon. This is the Instagram account shown multiple times throughout the Netflix doc as belonging to The Tinder Swindler, and it’s still active. The account currently has 125k followers, and has already gained over 25k followers since the documentary came out. The Netflix show suggests it does still belong to Simon and he uses it to splash his cash.

The Instagram account belonging to The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev today

via Instagram

Right now, the account keeps switching from public to private. For a brief amount of time on the day the show came out (Wednesday 2nd) it was switched to public, but most recent pictures were being swamped with comments. The account then went back to private, and then back public but with limited comments – and the ones about him being The Tinder Swindler had been removed. At the time of publishing, the account is private and doesn’t follow anybody.

Before they were removed, his comments section was absolute chaos.  People have been calling him the “homeless king”, a “pathetic little fraud” and saying he will get his bad karma soon.

via Instagram

More comments added that he is “a horrible human being” whilst some people were in the comments asking how they can do what he did too. Others added “shame on you”. It really is a lot.

via Instagram

via Instagram

Update: Simon Leviev has since said this Instagram account was hacked and he has been forced to make another – which has now too been taken down.

Yikes.

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.