encanto, mariano walking, tiktok, he told me that the man of my dreams, we don't talk about bruno

Why is everyone doing silly little walks on TikTok? Where the ‘he told me’ sound came from

Mariano walking lives in my head rent free

Recently you cannot do a mere swipe on TikTok without being bombarded with people doing silly little walks all over the place, all to the “he told me that the man of my dreams” sound. But why are people doing it, and where did the “Mariano’s on his way” TikTok sound even come from?

It turns out, the sound is originally from hit new Disney film Encanto, which has songs that have positively blown up on TikTok including The Family Madrigal, We Don’t Talk About Bruno and Surface Pressure. The “Mariano’s on his way”/”he told me that the man of my dreams” sound is from We Don’t Talk About Bruno. It was originally used on TikTok on 15th January this year by user @moos.blues, who posted a clip of Encanto with the caption “why does Mariano walk like he’s clenching his cheeks?”, and honestly it’s been living rent free in my head ever since.

You can watch the whole Encanto song that’s popped off on TikTok (and see Mariano walking in it for yourself) here – just skip to 2.14:

The video has now had over 1.4 million views and the “Mariano walking” trend has gone everywhere, with people using the sound to show them on their way to doing silly things all whilst doing a silly walk.

Here are some of the best videos from the Mariano walking TikTok trend, using the “he told me that the man of my dreams” sound:

@moos.blues or maybe he’s holding in a shart 😍 #encanto #encantodisney #wedonttalkaboutbruno #fy #mariano #encantomovie ♬ people with humor are using this sound – moos blues 🐄

@bethx92 The sound name is true as you can tell #university #liverpool #student ♬ people with humor are using this sound – moos blues 🐄

@ayame.p Every year. I need to escape #fyp ♬ people with humor are using this sound – moos blues 🐄

@domwood_the walk of shame 😍♬ people with humor are using this sound – moos blues 🐄