All Of Us Are Dead is new Netflix show to fill the Squid Game hole in your life

It’s out now and looks wild

When Squid Game finished, a lot of us were left wondering what the hell we do with our lives now. But, it looks like all is not lost as Netflix has just released a new Korean horror drama, called All Of Us Are Dead. Reviews are calling it the next Squid Game, and yes, it really does look wild.

The 12-episode series is huge-budget, and based on the graphic webtoon series Now At Our School by Joo Dong-geun, which was published between 2009 and 2011. It’s set in a high school, and is a coming-of-age drama following a zombie virus outbreak. Here’s everything you need to know about new Netflix series All Of Us Are Dead, before you inevitably binge watch the whole thing.

All Of Us Are Dead is new Netflix Korean horror drama being compared to Squid Game

via Netflix

All Of Us Are Dead is all about a zombie virus outbreak in a school

All Of Us Are Dead is set at a high school in a suburban city, where a student with strange symptoms is discovered. A mysterious virus begins to spread, and it quickly spirals out of control, moving beyond the school to seep into every part of the entire city. As more and more people become infected, the authorities declare a state of emergency. They place the city under a lockdown amid an unprecedented event: the spread of a deadly zombie virus throughout a school and beyond. Yes, this is sounding very close to home.

A group of students find themselves in the appalling situation of watching their close friends turn into zombies. They struggle to remain alive at the school, a safe haven that has now turned into a bloody battleground. Without phones, without food, and without grown-ups to protect them, they wait for the rescue team to arrive. How can they survive and walk out alive? With dangers lurking at every corner, they must join forces with one another in a desperate fight for their lives.

via Netflix

The series stars Lee Yoo-mi, who you might recognise as player 240 who won all our hearts in Squid Game. Just like Squid Game, All Of Us Are Dead as a show is a metaphor for something a lot deeper in society. And the school uniforms just happen to be Squid Game green. 👀

The Netflix synopsis reads: “A group of students trapped in a high school and find themselves in dire situations as they seek to be rescued from a zombie invasion of their school.”

Watch the trailer for All Of Us Are Dead on Netflix here:

All Of Us Are Dead is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.