Finished Squid Game and feeling empty? Watch these nine similar Netflix shows next

After you’ve peer pressured all your mates to watch Squid Game too, of course

After all the hype and chat about Squid Game, it’s no wonder that people who have finished the show are now feeling extremely empty and aren’t sure what to do with themselves. After definitely being peer pressured into watching it by everyone you know, you’ve binged watched it and now just the thought that there might be some similar shows to take over your life like Squid Game did, gets you excited.

So yes, there is more where that came from. I think it would be a stretch to say any show is going to be better than Squid Game is, because it is literally heading towards being the most successful Netflix show on record – but some will fill the void at least. Here is a list of shows like Squid Game on Netflix, for you to watch next. You’re welcome.

Alice in Borderland

Shows like Squid Game and other series to watch next on Netflix

via Netflix

Since people started talking about Squid Game, Alice in Borderland has started trending on Netflix again. That’s because everyone is saying that if you’re looking for shows like Squid Game, this is for you. Both shows are about dangerous survival games, Alice in Borderland is a thriller series following obsessed gamer Arisu, who suddenly finds himself in a strange, emptied-out version of Tokyo in which he and his friends must compete in dangerous games in order to survive.

3%

via Netflix

3% is set in the distant future, where most of the population lives in poverty in an area known as the Inland. There is an elite group, though, that is chosen to live in a virtual paradise, the Offshore. Amid the issues to do with social power and class, every year a group of 20-year-olds have one opportunity to complete “The Process”, which marks the difference between poverty or survival. The Process gives them a chance to make it to the island paradise by taking a series of tests. Only three percent of the candidates succeed and qualify to leave poverty. Huge Squid Game vibes here. 

Kingdom

via Netflix

Kingdom was Netflix’s first original Korean series, and the period horror thriller is set in the era of the medieval Joseon dynasty. It follows the Crown Prince as he investigates a mysterious plague which is taking over the country and tries to save his people.

Re: Mind

via Netflix

Re: Mind is a psychological thriller series, and is also available on Netflix. The Netflix synopsis reads: “Eleven high school classmates awaken, restrained to a large dining room. While fearing for their lives, they question a motive to this bizarre act”. If you liked the aspect of Squid Game characters being placed in the back of a car, gassed and then awaking at the games – this one is for you.

Dead Set

via Netflix

Dead Set was created by Charlie Brooker, before he made Black Mirror. It’s basically like Big Brother, but with zombies. The five-episode series chronicles a nightmare scenario in which Britain is taken over by zombies. No one is spared the wrath of the undead, except the contestants and production staff filming a season of Big Brother.

Reality Z

via Netflix

Reality Z is very similar to Dead Set, in that it follows zombies and a reality TV show – but this time, make it Brazil. As zombies attack Rio de Janeiro, reality TV show contestants hunker down in a TV studio where they must deal with more than flesh-eating hordes.

Sweet Home

via Netflix

Sweet Home is a Korean series, following a teenager and his neighbours as they fight against humans turning into savage monsters. They must fight to survive and to hold onto their humanity when the lethal monsters attack.

Extra Curricular

via Netflix

Extra Curricular is a Korean series, following a gifted high school student who turns to a life of crime to ensure he can pay for college and escape his dead end life.

Designated Survivor: 60 Days

via Netflix

This Korean drama follows when the National Assembly suffers a catastrophic attack and Minister of Environment Park Mu-jin has to find a way to lead Korea through the ensuing chaos.

Squid Game is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.