molly-mae-content-creator

Molly-Mae is hiring a social media content creator who’ll receive just £17k a year

That’s around half the average UK salary for the same role

Last week, Molly-Mae Hague was slammed for her “tone deaf” remark that “we all have the same 24 hours.” While she’s since issued an apology, it’s also come to light that the ex-Islander has released a job advert for a content creator at her self-tan brand, Filter. The minimum salary offered for this role is just £16,845 a year.

According to Glass Door, the average UK salary for a social media content creator is £31,400, around double what Filter is offering.

Molly-Mae, who is also the creative director at Pretty Little Thing, is thought to be worth around £2m.

The successful applicant will be tasked with running the social media accounts of Filter, which has over half a million followers on Instagram.

The job spec details how applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, a year’s experience as a content creator, and a year of social media marketing under their belt.

But there are some perks to the role including: “casual dress” and “flexible schedule”. If you want to apply for the position, you can do so by following this link.

Update: Since this article was written, the job’s minimum salary has been bumped up to £20k. Full story here.

Featured image via Instagram