Molly-Mae Filter job

Molly-Mae’s team has increased the social media content creator salary after the backlash

It’s been bumped up by at least £3,000

Earlier this week Molly-Mae was slammed for releasing a job advert for a content creator at her self-tan brand, Filter, and offering a salary of £16,845. Now, after coming under fire, she has changed the salary to £20-25,000 per year.

However, despite increasing the salary, according to Glass Door the average UK salary for a social media content creator is £31,400 which is still not what Filter is offering.

This salary increase also follows the recent news about Molly-Mae who has just signed another seven figure brand deal, adding to her multi-millionaire status.

The job at Filter advertised for £20-25,000 reportedly requires one year experience in Social Media Marketing and one year as a content creator in order to apply. The successful applicant will then be taking over the social media account of Filter, which has well over half a million followers on Instagram. There are also some perks to the job, including “casual dress” and a “flexible schedule”. However, the job application has now expired on Indeed as it says an “employer actively reviewed candidates one day ago” despite the application deadline being on 29 January.