The Tab is hiring a Content Writer

We’re looking for a talented writer who will publish stories for our brand partners, and write for our national site

The Tab is hiring a Content Writer, who will write stories for impressive brands and write stories for The Tab’s national site.

As Content Writer, you will be responsible for writing all branded content stories for the likes of NatWest, Bumble, ASOS and many more. When you’re not working with our clients, you’ll be writing news, features, quizzes, and takes for The Tab’s rapidly growing national site.

This role would suit someone who is passionate about writing about youth culture, and has a strong track record of doing so. You will also be enthusiastic about gaining and using skills in the marketing world, including building excellent client relationships, creative marking, Facebook marketing, and performance analysis.

The Tab is an influential youth media brand for 18-25s, read by over 5 million people every month. You will work in a fast-paced and creative environment where our talented young staff make the decisions. We care deeply about young people and how they are represented – whether that’s the latest way the government is screwing us, ranking every single Little Mix song, or what everyone’s binging on Netflix.

The Content Writer will split their time between writing and managing campaigns for brands (around 4 a month), and writing stories across our sections: including news and features, and for our pop-culture section Trash.

The Tab’s mission is to deliver branded content that is just as impressive as our editorial. As part of that mission, you will write super-engaging stories for brands that are also loved by our readers. The Tab has delivered campaigns for ASOS, Adobe, NatWest, NHS, Sky and Red Bull, Bumble, YouTube, and VK to name a few.

Some examples of our campaigns:

NHS: Quiz: Design an outfit for your first seminar back, and we’ll accurately guess your uni

NATWEST: Take this quiz to find out if your loan will actually last this Freshers’

RBS: The Tab’s guide to Edinburgh

ASOS: We spoke to the ASOS fashion team about what everyone is wearing on campus this winter

When you are not managing these campaigns, you will be writing editorial stories for our 18-25 audience on thetab.com. This is a great opportunity to take responsibility for a new growth area while working as part of a young, sociable, and hardworking editorial team.

The candidate should have published stories on a site like The Tab. A candidate with some experience managing campaigns and working with clients would be a bonus.

Key responsibilities:

– Pitching well-known clients impressive story ideas that will be a hit with our readers

– Writing all stories for our brand partnerships

– Writing impressive editorial stories for our readers of The Tab

– Building great relationships with clients and agencies, to ensure we deliver above and beyond

– Sending campaign reports to clients

You must have:

– A degree and 2.1 from a UK university

– A natural flair for writing fun, engaging, and well-read stories – as demonstrated by having published at least three stories in a publication like The Tab

– An inherent understanding of what Tab readers care about, and youth trends

– Excellent people skills, and proof of this

– Knowledge of photoshop, Facebook boosting, and Google Sheets are desired

– A genuine passion for writing, social media, and marketing

After a year in this role, you will have:

– Delivered at least 10 successful campaigns for big brands

– Written hundreds of impressive stories that have reached hundreds of thousands of Tab readers

You will get:

– Full editorial training

– 25 days holiday a year

– Flexible office working (including a pass to Second Home in Shoreditch)

– 24/7 access to doctors via the private WeCare app – for your physical or mental health

– Salary dependent on experience

– Company MacBook

To apply:

– Email your CV and relevant links to your published work to [email protected]

– Using your knowledge of The Tab’s editorial, pitch 2 light-hearted and engaging stories for thetab.com – they should be relevant at the time of your application. Please include a suggested headline and a very brief synopsis for each

This role is set to start ASAP. Please get your application in quickly to be considered.