Meet ‘chaotic and wacky’ Anubis, the youngest queen of Drag Race UK season three

She says to ‘expect chaos’

Season three of Drag Race UK is just around the corner to provide us with more exciting drama from this year’s queens. Following the success of season two, the pressure is on for the queens, who are all hoping to accompany The Vivienne and Lawrence Chaney in the Drag Race UK hall of fame. Ready to face the challenge is 20- year-old Anubis from Brighton.

Here is all you need to know about this season’s youngest contestant:

Her drag is ‘campy and wacky’

Growing up in East Sussex, Anubis moved around a lot as a child but feels most free in Brighton where she can express her creativity and “be who she wants to be”.ย She says her drag persona is based on her grandma who is one of her biggest supporters – describing her as “wacky with a kind heart”.

After performing from an early age, she transformed into Anubis two and a half years ago after seeing how drag could incorporate all of her different passions. The inspiration behind her drag name actually comes from her Egyptian heritage. After her father passed away she wanted a name that paid tribute to him as Anubis is the Egyptian god of the afterlife.

Her greatest strength is singing

Anubis says she “knows how to hold a room and perform” and singing has always been her biggest passion. Doing backing vocals for big name stars gave her a glimpse of the spotlight and now it’s really her time to shine.

When performing she says to “expect chaos” and lots of fun – with some gymnastics thrown in too. She doesn’t take herself too seriously and her wacky performances reflect that.

Why does Anubis deserve to win this year’s Drag Race UK?

Anubis has been an avid Drag Race fan since the age of 11 and praises Sasha Velour and Bob The Drag Queen as inspirations for her growing up. She says her “wide skill set” is what will set her apart from all of the other contestants this season. Watch out queens, Anubis is here to win!

Save the start date because Drag Race UK season three premieres 23rd September on BBC iPlayer. For all the latest Drag Race memes and Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Feature image courtesy of BBC/Instagram @Anubisfinch

Recommended stories by this writer:

โ€ขMeet โ€˜sexy and savageโ€™ Vanity Milan, bringing South London to Drag Race UK season three

โ€ขMeet Victoria Scone, the Cardiff cabaret queen making Drag Race UK history on season three

โ€ขMeet Charity Kase, the โ€˜sci-fi nerdโ€™ bringing bold looks to Drag Race UK season three