Charity Kase Drag Race

Meet Charity Kase, the ‘sci-fi nerd’ bringing bold looks to Drag Race UK season three

She’s also the drag daughter of Raja from Drag Race US

Drag Race UK season three is getting closer and closer, to the point where I can practically taste the drama and the sickening looks. We’ve now been treated to the Meet The Queens for all 12 of the dolls that will be showcasing their charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent in their bid to win the crown and follow in the footsteps of The Vivienne and Lawrence Chaney. One of these hopefuls is Charity Kase, the 24-year-old Manchester queen now based in East London, who is hoping her blend of north and south drag scene style influences will help her win the Drag Race title.

Her drag style ‘is from another dimension’

Charity Kase has a reputation in the drag scene for outlandish looks that push beauty boundaries. On the origins of her name and aesthetic, Charity says: “My name comes from my ability to craft stuff on a very low budget and transform the grotesque to the glamorous. Charity Kase is my way of expressing my inner emotions and escaping from the mundane, grey and dull world that we live in. I try to transport people to a world where the impossible is made possible.”

Charity Kase says you should expect shock, horror, gore, and “maybe vomit” if you come to one of her shows, and stated “my drag is not entry level.”

She is Drag Race US season three winner Raja’s drag daughter

Drag Race legend and Fashion Photo RuView high priestess Raja, who won season three of Drag Race, is Charity Kase’s drag mother. Which is incredibly iconic.

Her drag is heavily sci-fi inspired

Charity Kase says her drag aesthetic and inspiration is taken from anything out of the ordinary. “I’m a massive sci-fi nerd for anything based outside of this reality. I’m hoping to inspire a whole new generation of fantastical mythical creatures to take over drag stages all around the country!”

This style is seen on full display when Charity Kase did a 365 days of drag project on her Instagram, where she crafted some terrifying looks. Many of them are inspired by pop culture, with looks inspired by Scooby-Doo, Crash Bandicoot, Kill Bill and Rick and Morty.

She’s looking forward to the sewing and acting challenges

Charity Kase is most looking forward to the crafty challenges on Drag Race where she can flex her creative skills, or an acting challenge because she says she’s great at accents and impersonations. When asked why she should win Drag Race UK season three, Charity Kase said: “Welcome to alternative drag! I am pushing boundaries and opening people’s eyes up to a whole new artform of transformation. I am scary, hairy and a total fairy!

Save the start date because Drag Race UK season three premieres 23rd September on BBC iPlayer. For all the latest Drag Race memes and Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Featured image courtesy of BBC / @charitykase

Recommended stories by this writer:

• ‘Forgive me, I’ve changed’: Everything that’s happened with Drag Race UK’s Charity Kase