love island Faye ofcom

Love Island receives over 24,000 Ofcom complaints after Faye’s outburst at Teddy

It’s the most complained about Love Island moment ever

Love Island has received nearly 25,000 Ofcom complaints from the television watchdog after Friday night’s episode in which Faye shouted at Teddy following the movie night challenge.

Ofcom confirmed they had received 24,763 complaints and were currently deciding whether to investigate.

A spokesperson said: “We’ve received a high volume of complaints about last week’s Love Island, which is consistent with a trend of growing complaints about high-profile TV shows. We are carefully assessing the complaints we’ve received, before deciding whether or not to investigate.”

love island faye apologises

via ITV

During Friday night’s episode Faye was seen shouting and swearing at Teddy after she saw a clip of him telling Clarisse he was sexually attracted to her. Following the scene many people on Twitter said it was uncomfortable to watch and questioned if Faye should be in the villa.

A men’s domestic abuse charity released a statement condemning her behaviour. Faye has since apologised for her behaviour to Teddy and the two have reconciled.

via ITV

This is not the first time a Teddy and Faye moment on Love Island has received complaints. During Casa Amor, the show received 4,330 complaints over Faye being misled about Teddy’s actions in Casa Amor via the postcard.

Until today it was the most complained about Love Island moment ever however Faye’s outburst has now taken the top spot.

Other highly complained about moments on the show include Maura making a move on Tommy in 2019 and the clip sent to Dani Dyer in 2018 causing her to burst into tears, which registered 2,500 complaints.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.