This is how old the cast of Outer Banks on Netflix actually are in real life

John B is nowhere near 16, that’s for sure

Look me in the eye and tell me there’s a single episode of Outer Banks where you’ve watched it and not at least once thought there is no chance these finely-chiselled, perfect looking, beach gods and goddesses on our screens are actually 16. You can’t can you? And that’s probably because the ages of the Outer Banks cast in real life are very different to those of the characters they play on screen.

John B? 16? No way. Not in this world. The guy who plays Sarah’s brother Rafe, actually 19? No chance. Netflix does love to cast much older actors to play teenagers, so it’s no surprise that Outer Banks is just another example of this.

Here are the real life ages of the main cast of Outer Banks, compared to how old they are meant to be in the show. Spoiler alert: The age gaps are *quite* large.

Chase Stokes – John B

Age in real life: 28

Chase Stokes age: Outer Banks cast ages and how old the actors are in real life compared to their characters

via Netflix

You might be shocked to know that Chase Stokes, who plays John B, is 28 in real life! He was born in September 1992, so has a huge 12 year age gap with his character, who is 16.

Madelyn Cline – Sarah Cameron

Age in real life: 23

Madelyn Cline age: Outer Banks cast ages and how old the actors are in real life compared to their characters

via Netflix

Madelyn Cline plays Sarah Cameron in Outer Banks. In real life she was born in December 1997, making her 23. Her character Sarah is 16, so she has a seven year age gap with her.

Rudy Pankow – JJ

Age in real life: 22

Rudy Pankow age: Outer Banks cast ages and how old the actors are in real life compared to their characters

via Netflix

Rudy Pankow plays JJ, and in the series JJ is also 16. Rudy was born in August 1998, so is 22 and has a six year age gap with his character.

Madison Bailey – Kiara

Age in real life: 22

Madison Bailey age: Outer Banks cast ages and how old the actors are in real life compared to their characters

via Netflix

The same as Rudy, Madison Bailey is also 22 in real life. She plays Kiara who is 16 in the show as well, so she is also six years older than her character.

Jonathan Daviss – Pope

Age in real life: 22

Jonathan Daviss age: Outer Banks cast ages and how old the actors are in real life compared to their characters

via Netflix

It looks like a lot of the Outer Banks cast members are the same age in real life. Jonathan Daviss too has a six year age gap with his character. He is 22 in real life and Pope, who he plays, is 16.

Drew Starkey – Rafe

Age in real life: 27

Drew Starkey age

via Netflix

Drew Starkey plays Sarah’s brother, Rafe. He has one of the biggest age gaps with his character – Drew Starkey was born in November 1993 so is 27, and Rafe is 19, so there’s an eight year difference.

Austin North – Topper

Age in real life: 24

Austin North age

via Netflix

Austin North plays Sarah’s ex-boyfriend, Topper. Topper is 16 in the show, and Austin North was born in July 1996 – making him 24. He’s eight years older than his character.

Julia Antonelli – Wheezie Cameron

Age in real life: 18

Julia Antonelli age: Outer Banks cast ages and how old the actors are in real life compared to their characters

via Netflix

Julia Antonelli is the youngest of the Outer Banks cast, aged 18 in real life. She plays the youngest Cameron sibling, Wheezie, who is 13 in the show. This means Julia is five years older than her character.

Season two of Outer Banks is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.