liberty love island

Introducing Liberty Poole, the Nando’s worker and student joining Love Island 2021

She’s the youngest contestant this year

The Love Island 2021 cast lineup has now been released and includes 21-year-old student and Nando’s worker Liberty Poole. Liberty was the third Islander to be announced amongst a lineup that includes a PE teacher, an ex-glamour model and an estate agent.

Love Island 2021 will be returning to our screens on 28th June at 9pm with Laura Whitmore hosting and Iain Stirling returning as the classic voice over. Until the show airs, this is everything you need to know about the youngest contestant this year, Liberty Poole:

Liberty is the youngest Islander this year

Liberty is 21 years old, making her the youngest Islander so far on this series.

She works at Nando’s

via Instagram @libertypoolex

Liberty has been working at Nando’s since 2016 and said she’s even been proposed to in the restaurant she works in. She said: “It was a bit unexpected! He was on his own, he’d come into the restaurant every week and he got down on one knee and was like, ‘Will you marry me?’. But in his hand, it was a charity support badge not a diamond ring or nothing.

“So I was thinking, that’s one way of saying I’m a charity case when it comes to love!” Liberty has never been on a date to Nando’s but said a number of people have tried to get her on one there to get a discount.

She’s a student in Birmingham

Liberty is currently studying marketing at Birmingham City university. According to her LinkedIn she’ll be graduating in 2023, two years after she appears in Love Island. I imagine she’ll probably be a BNOC when she returns to uni.

Liberty has over 22,000 followers on Instagram

via Instagram @libertypoolex

Liberty’s Instagram is steadily growing and she now has over 20,000 followers. Her first post was in late 2019 and since then she’s been posting incredibly fit pictures of herself, usually on nights out.

Her type is a ‘cheeky chappy’

Liberty has said the typical type of guy she goes for is an alpha male but they’re usually players. She said: “I like tall, alpha male, confident, a cheeky chappy sort of guy. But obviously that’s always usually combined with player types, which is where I go wrong.”

She’s looking forward to making mates in the villa

If you didn’t love Liberty already, she said she’s really looking forward to making girly friendships in the villa and describes herself as a “girls’ girl”.

Liberty went to Dubai last year

via Instagram @libertypoolex

Like many other Love Islanders Liberty travelled to Dubai in November last year, where her mum appears to be based. From her Instagram it appears Liberty is very close with her mum. She shared many pictures and videos of herself in Dubai at the time, including the revelation that she fell down the stairs at the nicest restaurant there.

Love Island 2021 starts on Monday 28th June on ITV2. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.