Your big uni night out, as told by Olivia Rodrigo Sour lyrics

‘God, it’s brutal out here’

We’ve all had Sour on repeat for the past two weeks and know every lyric by now. Miss Rodrigo got it so right with this album. There’s a song on there for every occasion – Brutal for when you want to scream and shout about your teen angst, and of course Driver’s License when you need a cry.

In fact, this album is so good anyone can relate to it. You don’t have to break up with your boyfriend to really feel the betrayal she describes in Traitor – chances are you’ve already felt it when your mates have gone to get food without you on a night out.

We haven’t had a night out in AGES, but June 21st is approaching and has everyone buzzed remembering all the good times – so here’s exactly what happens on every uni night out, as told by Sour:

‘I kinda wanna throw my phone across the room’

It’s that time again. The pre-night out meltdown is in full swing. How does this happen every time? You’re meant to be at pres in 15 minutes but your make up just won’t sit right and what were you even thinking when you planned that outfit? You’ve now decided you have no clothes and are absolutely not going out tonight.

Chaos x

‘Being annoying, singing in harmony’

So you’ve had the pep talk from your friends and you’re over the meltdown. It’ll be dark anyway, right? Now pres are in full swing and you’re singing your hearts out to ABBA in the living room, much to the dismay of your housemates who aren’t going out and just trying to watch Gogglebox in peace. Ok, so maybe ‘in harmony’ is a bit of a stretch.

‘I love you, I hope that you’re okay’

Your taxi is here, but inevitably someone has took it too far and passed out before you’ve even left for the club. It’s time to tuck them into bed and kiss them goodbye. Your night out will not be hindered by your lightweight friend. You love them, but not that much.

‘I hope you know how proud I am that you were created’

When the drink starts tasting like you must tell all of your friends how much you love them and how grateful you are for them. But you’re not just saying it because you’re drunk, swear x

It started out so well

‘I know we weren’t perfect but I’ve never felt this way for no one’

Tequila shots. They’re your toxic trait. You know it never ends well and you will definitely regret it tomorrow, but how can you resist its seductive gaze from behind the bar?

‘Don’t know if I’ll see you again someday’

So you’ve just spent an hour chatting by the sink and getting in everyone’s way, swapped instas and planned a trip to Portugal in the summer, but now it’s time to leave your new besties that you’ve just met in the girls’ toilets and return to the dancefloor – they’re playing your song.

‘Oh, the things I did just so I could call you mine’

You say to your drink as you flee from the bar and the guy who just bought it for you. You’ve endured 2o minutes of shit chat for this vodka coke. It better be worth it.

‘All I ever wanted was to be good enough for you’

You spot the club photographer across the room and it always seems like such a good idea at the time. You do all you can to get his attention. Why is he taking pictures of them, you’re so much cooler? You’re throwing shapes trying so hard to be as interesting as the girls he’s had before. Feel like pure shit, just wanna be good enough for Pryzm’s Facebook.

Time to whip out the routine x

‘So when you gonna tell her that we did that too?’

You look across the room and notice last weeks get-with getting with someone else, in the exact same corner you were in last week. That was your place, you found it first! And you just bet that he’s going to take her out to the smoking area in a bit and give her his jacket like the gentleman he is. She thinks it’s special, but it’s all reused.

‘I hope you’re happy’

Oh no, you’re really going to regret this one in the morning. You’re a few drinks in and lost all sense of judgement. You suddenly miss your ex that you haven’t spoken to in weeks. There’s nothing else to do, you must message them. Nothing says I still love and care for you like a sloppy toxic text at 1am.

‘Don’t tell me you’re sorry boy feel sorry for yourself’

Why is it that after a drink you’re so ready for a scrap? And you’re so sure you could definitely take on that seven foot guy who just accidentally bumped into you in the packed club. Who does he think he is? He better watch himself. He’s sorry? Well he will be when you’re done with him.

‘You betrayed me’

When you lose your friends and come to discover that they have left the club and gone to the takeaway next door without you. They never even got you some chips. True betrayal right there.

‘Red lights, stop signs’

It’ts the end of the night. The Uber says it’s here but you can not find it for the life of you. All you can see is lights flashing and the road is spinning. You’re focusing so hard on trying walk in a straight line and your vision is severely blurred, it will be a miracle if you make it home at this point.

‘It’s back and forth going over everything I said’

It’s the next morning and the hangxiety has well and truly kicked in. You’re trying to piece together the night and checking your phone to see if you called or texted anyone you shouldn’t have. You must message all your friends ASAP and make sure no one hates you.

WHAT have I done

‘God, I really wish that you had thought this through’

You’ve located your friends and just had the post-night out debrief. You’ve found out every embarrassing detail about your night and your ex has just replied to the drunk text you forgot you had even sent. You can’t show your face in public ever again. When Olivia said “I’m so tired that I might quit my job, start a new life,” you really felt that.

‘I’m so sick of myself. Rather be anyone, anyone else’

ME TOO OLIVIA, ME TOO.