love island doctor contestant

This NHS doctor and model is said to be the latest Love Island contestant

Ok now I’m excited for the new series

Love Island has reportedly signed up their latest contestant for the next series – NHS junior doctor and model Toluwa Adepeju.

An ITV source told The Sun Toluwa is the next contestant lined up for the upcoming series of Love Island in June and he’s been described as the “perfect pick”.

They said: “He’s led from the very front – in hospital and online, educating people of the risks and the need to get vaccinated. He is a perfect pick. He’s modest, down to earth and loves what he does.”

via Instagram @doctor.tolu

Toluwa is currently working as a junior doctor and has done a number of ads on his Instagram to encourage uni students to self isolate.

He’s recently graduated from University of Manchester and according to his Instagram he’s been to two other unis as well.

Not only is Toluwa a doctor but he’s also a model, having appeared in a shoot for a wedding magazine.

via Instagram @doctor.tolu

Toluwa is the fourth contestant to be rumoured to be joining this year’s Love Island lineup. Other contestants that are said to be heading to the villa are a fire eater, a Chelsea “party boy” and a boxer.

The casting team at Love Island are “looking” for contestants who are key workers, so we could see even more attractive doctors joining Toluwa. They’re also said to be making their casting more diverse and are recruiting LGBTQ+ contestants via Tinder.

This year’s Love Island will be taking place at the end of June and all COVID precautions are being taken in order for the show to take place in its usual setting of Majorca.

Featured image credit via Instagram @doctor.tolu