The uni cities with the highest sexual offence and violence reports in the past year

Liverpool had the highest number of reports from January 2020 to 2021

Many university cities across the country have witnessed a rise in violence and sexual offence incidents over the past year.

Through data from police.uk and ADT, we have compiled statistics of all the violence and sexual offences that have been reported from January 2020 to January 2021.

According to this data, the worst cities with reports of violence and sexual offences were Liverpool, Leeds, and Sheffield. Liverpool police received 6,939 reports from January 2020 to 2021, and Leeds and Sheffield had 5,131, and 4,334 respectively.

The uni cities with the least amount of police reports were Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow, with Glasgow having 17 reports from January 2020 to 2021.

In the crime map below, the green highlights the university cities with the least amount of reports and the purple indicates the cities with the highest amount of cases of violence and sexual offences recorded. The uni cities are based on which constituency they belong to.

Violence and sexual offence reports at university cities from 2020-21

Crime map:

Table:

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story contact Refuge on their free 24/7 helpline 0808 2000 247 or contact Rape Crisis online for a free confidential chat helpline.

The Tab’s Do Better campaign is putting a focus on the rising student sexual assault problem. Universities need to do more to support students and the culture around sexual assault needs to change.

Featured image credit: