Harry and Meghan net worth: Ok, so how much money does the couple actually have?

Harry and William were left £13million by Diana

Last night, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s “bombshell” interview with Oprah was aired in the UK. One of the topics of conversation was how the Prince had been “cut off” financially from his family, Meghan had stopped her acting career and they had began making deals with streaming companies such as Spotify and Netflix to make money. This has got a lot of people questioning how much money the couple actually have – so, what is the full net worth of Meghan of Harry?

After stepping back from royal duties, the pair bid to become “financially independent” – so here’s how much money they have actually earned for themselves.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, net worth, Harry and Meghan, couple, royal, Sussex, Oprah, interview, earnings

via ITV

What is the net worth of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?

After stepping back as senior royals last year, the couple no longer receive funding from the royal family’s Sovereign Grant, which is the money given to the family from the government to reflect their royal duties. When this was announced, the couple said they wanted to become “financially independent”.

However, Harry still has his earnings from the army and the money left from his mother, Princess Diana. Prince Harry is said to have earned between $50,000 and $53,000 (around £37,000) as a helicopter pilot for the Army Air Corps, according to Forbes. Diana reportedly left £12,966,022 to be split between Harry and his brother William, and William and Harry’s great-grandmother, the Queen Mother, also reportedly left them around £14million to split between them.

Meghan is reported to have banked around $5million from her acting career, most notably her role in the series Suits.

In September it was announced the couple had signed a multimillion pound deal with Netflix to create shows, and they also signed a podcast deal with Spotify. They have also since bought a property in California.

All of this has created an estimated net worth of $50million for the couple.

You can watch the Harry and Meghan interview on catch up on the ITVHub here.