If you’ve become obsessed with all things royal, here are eight shows like The Crown

Add these to your list when you’ve finished season four

In the last couple of weeks, the release of The Crown season four has made us all obsess over all things the Royal Family. Suddenly all we can talk about is Princess Diana and Charles, The Balmoral Test, Ibble Dibble and various other scandals. So if you’re on the royal series train and don’t want to get off, you’ll be pleased to know there are plenty more series just like The Crown which you can get stuck into.

Netflix has a whole catalogue of similar shows, films and documentaries which are about the royals, just like The Crown, for you to binge watch next. Here’s a full list – you’re welcome.

Diana: In Her Own Words

series like The Crown, The Crown, season four, Netflix, shows, series, film, movie, documentary, similar, watch next, Diana In Her Own Words

via Netflix

Diana: In Her Own Words is a two-hour documentary film which features archival footage and personal footage, allowing a candid insight into the life of the princess. It’s based on the biography by Andrew Morton.

Diana

Diana, Princess Diana, movie, Netflix, film

via Netflix

Diana on Netflix is a dramatised film, based on the two years before her death. It’s based on Kate Snell’s 2001 book, Diana: Her Last Love, and British actress Naomi Watts plays the title role of Diana. It tells the story of her divorcing Charles, Prince of Wales and meeting and falling in love with heart surgeon, Hasnat Khan.

The Royal House of Windsor

series like The Crown, The Crown, season four, Netflix, shows, series, film, movie, documentary, similar, watch next, The Royal House of Windsor

via Netflix

The Royal House of Windsor is all about the Royal Family in the modern day. This documentary mini series explores the history of the Windsor dynasty, which was founded in 1917. It interviews family insiders, and gained access to Windsor Castle’s royal archives to provide an understanding of how this Royal Family has survived a century of change. 

Diana: 7 Days That Shook The World

Diana 7 Days That Shook The World, Windsors, Netflix, Diana, Prince Charles, Duchess, death, series

via Netflix

Just like The Crown season four, Diana: 7 Days That Shook The World is a series about the princess. However, this two-part show instead focuses heavily on the seven days after her death. The Netflix synopsis reads: “This illuminating documentary examines the aftermath of Princess Diana’s tragic death and the tense, dramatic week leading up to her funeral.”

The Story of Diana

series like The Crown, The Crown, season four, Netflix, shows, series, film, movie, documentary, similar, watch next, The Story of Diana

via Netflix

The Story of Diana is a two-part documentary. The Netflix synopsis reads: “Explore the remarkable life and private struggles of the late Princess Diana through interviews with her brother and others who knew her well.”

The Windsors

The Windsors, series like The Crown, The Crown, season four, Netflix, shows, series, film, movie, documentary, similar, watch next

via Netflix

A bit more of a light-hearted one, The Windsors is a hugely dramatised comedy series. The all-too-public trials and tribulations of England’s current Royal Family are reimagined as an over-the-top comedic soap opera.

Reign

series like The Crown, The Crown, season four, Netflix, shows, series, film, movie, documentary, similar, watch next, Reign

via Netflix

There are four series of Reign, based on the life of Mary, Queen of Scotts, available on Netflix. The synopsis reads: “This vivid historical drama series tells of the rise to power of Mary, Queen of Scotts, amid a court full of sexual and political intrigue.”

Queen Victoria and Her Nine Children

Netflix, shows, film, movie, documentary, similar, watch next, Queen Victoria and her nine children

via Netflix

Queen Victoria and Her Nine Children (also called Queen Victoria and Her Tragic Family) is a three part documentary series on Netflix. The series shows how and why Queen Victoria refused to make an appearance in public, and commenced the micro management of her children. The synopsis reads: “After Prince Albert’s death, a hardened Queen struggles to mourn and raise nine children alone while upholding her royal duties in public.”

There are also a whole range of other documentaries, series and films like The Crown which aren’t on Netflix that you should try. These include the notorious Panorama interview with Diana, Wolf Hall (Amazon), Downton Abbey (ITV, Amazon), Victoria (ITV, Amazon), The Royals (Amazon), The King’s Speech, Elizabeth at 90: A Family Tribute (BBC) and The Queen.

The Crown is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.