Just 29 things we could turn Buckingham Palace into when the monarchy is abolished
I’m backing a big Tesco tbh
After the interview Prince Harry and Meghan Markle did with Oprah aired on ITV last night, #AbolishTheMonarchy began trending on Twitter. People then began to speculate, if the monarchy was no longer a thing, what we could turn Buckingham Palace into – and enter the memes.
In what’s been described as a “bombshell” interview, Meghan and Harry shared their experiences of what they say really happened to them with the royal family, and when they stepped back from royal duties. Meghan said racist comments were made about their son Archie, they were denied security, and Harry even went on to say his father, Prince Charles, wasn’t answering his calls at one stage. It’s no surprise people were talking about the monarchy soon being over.
Here are the best memes of what people think we should turn Buckingham Palace into. At the end you can even cast your vote, you know, just because why not?
1. You’d get lost all the time but the stock would be INCREDIBLE
2. Imagine the pick n mix aisle
3. JUST LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY
4. Truly iconic
5. Ok we do need some sensible suggestions too
6. Now THIS is useful
7. God think how far away the toilets would be in Buckingham Palace spoons
8. Ok so just put it on the market for our entertainment? I’d watch
9. Live, laugh, love x
10. Boujee AF !!!
11. ISLANDERS CAN YOU ALL GATHER IN THE DRAWING ROOM
12. We would never be hungry again !!!
14. HOURS of entertainment
16. Tbf, I’d go
17. The ultimate end for it
18. This would be chaotic
19. Someone start a petition for this pls x
20. Tbf, this is wholesome
21. Meet me at Boxpark Westminster, 9pm x
22. How very British
23. I’m here for this one too
24. Fun for all the family!!!
25. This would be a LANDMARK