bridgerton season two

Bridgerton has OFFICIALLY been renewed for a second season

I hope there’s plenty of the Duke in this one

Bridgerton season two is officially on its way, as the show has been renewed by Netflix.

Even better, the new season will start filming in the spring, and focus on Anthony Bridgerton’s quest to wife up.

“The ton are abuzz with the latest gossip, and so it is my honour to impart to you: Bridgerton shall officially return for a second season. I do hope you have stored a bottle of ratafia for this most delightful occasion,” Netflix (channelling Lady Whistledown) told Radio Times.

bridgerton season two

“This author has been reliably informed that Lord Anthony Bridgerton intends to dominate the social season. I will have my pen to report on any and all of his romantic activities.

“However, gentle reader, before you set the comments section alight with requests for more sordid details, know that I am disinclined to report on the particulars at this time. Patience, after all, is a virtue.”

There’s plenty of source material available for Netflix to draw on for Bridgerton season two, with a total of eight Bridgerton books written by author Julia Quinn.

Showrunner Chris Van Dusen has hinted these stories could all be made into seasons of the show.

He told Collider: “This being a family of eight children and there being eight books, I would love to be able to focus and really tell stories and love stories for all the Bridgerton siblings. For each character, for sure.

“I would love that [eight season]. In success, I would love that.”

Bridgerton is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.