We spoke to the judges of RPDR UK about the guest judges RuPaul wants on the show

Her Royal Highness the Queen of England on Drag Race?!?

One of the highlights of watching Drag Race is waiting in anticipation every week to find out who the guest judge is.

The Tab spoke to RuPaul’s Drag Race UK judges Michelle Visage, Graham Norton and Alan Carr about their forecasts for who might appear in future seasons as well as who Ru has earmarked to make an appearance. And, it can be confirmed, the list does not disappoint.

From real-life monarchs to queens of the screen, Drag Race wants the elite. Take a look below.

Madonna

Madonna is like Drag Race divinity, she had her own runway category, “The night of 1,000 Madonnas” in season nine and a Rusical in season 12. Since Vogue first brought queer culture to the forefront of pop in 1990 Madonna has held her place in the Holy Trinity of queer icons. So, it comes as no surprise that Ru is dying to get her on the show.

Image credit: (left) Madonna via YouTube, (right) RuPaul’s Drag Race via Netflix

Cher

Cher is another member of the Holy Trinity of Queer Icons. She is such a huge influence on the show, yet again hailing her own Rusical – who can forget Kameron Michaels absolutely slaying the house down with her Cher impression.

Cher is honestly the icon to end all icons, not only is she musical legend and permanently unaged but she’s also Sophie’s grandma in Mamma Mia?! Getting her on the show would leave us gagged.

Image credit: Mamma Mia 2 Here We Go Again! via Netflix

Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders

Having these two on the show would be an absolutely fabulous experience. Bringing British humour, sass and Bolly to the show. These two certainly know their way around comedy and we’re sure the queens could learn a thing or two from them. 

Image credit: YouTube

Liza Minnelli

Every theatre queen to grace the Drag Race stage dreams of meeting Liza, it just comes with the territory. Alexis Michelle took victory in season nine’s snatch game after impersonating her,  and having her as a guest judge on the show would certainly be a dream come true for many of the queens.

Image credit: RuPaul’s Drag Race via Netflix

Emma Stone

Emma not only has an Oscar, a BAFTA and a Golden Globe but she has won the adoration of the Drag Race judges who are desperate for her to feature as a guest judge on the show. She is a seasoned actor both on the screen and on stage and we’re sure she’d have some great advice for the queens if she ever appeared on the show.

Image credit: Academy Awards via YouTube

Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama is still First Lady in all of our hearts and clearly in Mother Ru’s as well. Getting Michelle on the show would be the best thing to happen to Drag Race since Tatianna and Alyssa’s “Shut Up and Drive” lip sync in All Stars 2.

Image credit: YouTube

Jennifer Lawrence

JLaw seems like the exact sort of person who would love to be a guest judge on the panel so we’re surprised she has not made an appearance already. She’s fun, an acting legend and the only person who can style out stacking it at the Oscars.

Her Royal Highness The Queen of England

Yes, this is no joke. Ru wants the Queen of England, Elizabeth II to guest judge on the show. Who wouldn’t want Her Maj’s approval on their runway? What an episode it would make!

Image credit: BBC via YouTube

Cover image credit: (left) Academy Awards via YouTube, (centre) BBC via YouTube, (right) Academy Awards