It’s true! TikTok just discovered that Roald Dahl’s daughter wrote Wild Child

This is the crossover I didn’t know I needed until now

Get ready for the most incredible crossover of your childhood and teen years, because TikTok has just discovered that it was Roald Dahl’s daughter, Lucy Dahl, who wrote the movie Wild Child.

Yep, a video is going round which says: “So who was gonna tell me Roald Dahl’s daughter wrote Wild Child” as the iconic film soundtrack plays. So of course, this has taken everyone to Google and it’s true!

The TikTok video has had over 125k views, 22k likes and nearly 400 comments. Some of the comments include: “We’re just living in the Roald Dahl universe huh”, “SORRY WHAT” and “She had more impact than him in one movie… iconic”. So it’s safe to say, we’re all shook.

Lucy Dahl is a British screenwriter, and wrote the 2008 teen hit. She’s 55 now, so would have been 43 when she wrote the movie. According to IMDd, Wild Child is her only writing credit (I mean, once you’ve peaked what’s the point anyway?) and she’s also been an actor in a short film called Sticks and Stones. She’s also been in a few TV documentaries about her father’s life and work.

Lucy Dahl is the daughter of author Roald Dahl and American actress Patricia Neal. She is one of five siblings and she now has two daughters of her own called Phoebe and Chloe, from a previous marriage. Her daughter Phoebe is a fashion designer and used to date Ruby Rose – what a small world!!

For more of the best TikTok videos, trends and memes – follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.