Carole Baskin, bisexual, Tiger King, Netflix, come out, Pink News, interview, sexuality, husband

Tiger King’s Carole Baskin has come out as bisexual

She believes she was ‘born in the wrong body’

Tiger King star Carole Baskin has come out as bisexual.

In an interview with Pink News, the zoo owner discussed her sexuality and the impact that the Netflix series has had on her life. Carole Baskin said: “I have always considered myself to be bisexual. Even though I’ve never had a wife, I could just as easily have a wife as I could have a husband.”

She goes on to say she doesn’t see humans as different colours or genders. She described her arch enemy Joe Exotic as a “deviant” and an “embarrassment to the human community”.

In the full interview, Carole Baskin reveals she first became immersed in the LGBT+ community when she was engaged in the 80s. She said: “I was engaged to a psychologist, and that was his entire field, dealing with the LGBT+ community. It was during the period when AIDS was just wreaking havoc around the world, and people were losing their loved ones, and so I became very close to people in that community then.”

She goes on to say she feels she was “born in the wrong body” and was always a “tomboy”. She added: “I was always very male-oriented in the things I did. I never had any mothering instincts or anything, you know, I never played with dolls. And so I always thought that there was something off there, that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

“But it was during the ’80s that I discovered that through dealing with the LGBT+ community that I [realised] I had just as equal feelings for women as I did for men.”

When discussing the impact Tiger King has had on her life, she said herself and husband Howard also binged watched the series, and were shocked that was what Netflix produced. She said they were working on something completely different for five years, with a different name. She says people were screaming at her and hated her because she owns cats in cages, and people don’t understand what she is trying to do to help big cats. She hopes she has done enough to educate people on her work.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.