chi chi devayne tributes

Drag Queens pay tribute to Chi Chi DeVayne following her death

Rest in Power

RuPaul’s Drag Race star Chi Chi DeVayne passed away yesterday at 34-years-old following an ongoing health battle.

Chi Chi, who’s real name was Zavion Michael Davenport, was diagnosed with scleroderma in 2018 and had been in and out of hospital recently for suspected kidney failure and pneumonia.

Her family confirmed her death in a statement released yesterday: “It is with tremendous sorrow that my family and I announce the passing of my beloved son, Zavion Michael Davenport, the world renowned Chi Chi DeVayne.”

Chi Chi first appeared on Drag Race in 2016 where she came fourth and performed that legendary lip sync of Dreamgirls’ “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going”. Chi Chi also appeared on All Stars in 2018 where she came in eighth place.

Since the news of her death many fellow drag queens have been paying tribute to her on Instagram and Twitter. RuPaul has also commented on her passing as well as the organisation GLAAD.

Here are just some of the tributes to Chi Chi DeVayne:

Featured image credit: VH1